Anyone see The Simpsons tonight?

by wasasister 4 Replies latest social entertainment

• wasasister
    wasasister

It was about US patriotism. Comments? I'll add mine later.

I will say, great writing and this show just keeps getting better.

Wasa

• Euphemism
    Euphemism

I've gotta admit I wasn't really crazy about the episode. The only real laugh-out-loud moment for me was Elmo pitifully whining: "I attended the wrong fund-raiser."

• FirstInLine
    FirstInLine

They needed to insert the comic book store owner wearing his infamous "Worst Episode Ever" T-shirt.

• truthseeker1
    truthseeker1

I really liked when they were escaping from Alcatraz and Lisa said "Lets swim to SF" and Homer replied "No Way. I cant afford that, we'll swim to Oakland!"

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

The history of America is to see the pendulum swing from one extreme to the other.

In the 40s, any deviation or criticism of the country or the war got you branded a 'traitor' or 'America hater'. This led to silence any criticism.

In the 60s, any deviation or criticism of the country or the war was considered bold, daring and standing up for 'what's right'. This led to over criticism, even ridicule.

Today we seem to be swinging back to earlier viewpoints. It would be nice to see a mix of the two extremes. Or at least seeing the majority opinion not be quite so hars on the minority opinion.

"America is a great country on the surface. Underneath, well that's where we're scared." -- Kevin Kline, Chaplin

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit