HAHAHA Roy Jones

by FirstInLine 7 Replies latest social current

• FirstInLine
    FirstInLine

Knocked out in the SECOND. THE SECOND! LOL!

I loved Tarver in recent months the way he ran his mouth. He was so arrogant about the upcoming rematch that I had to give the fight to him before it even happened. It was great. He came out ferocious.

The best interview was after the Pachiao fight last week when Roy Jones didnt even show up for it. He called Jim Lampley's judgement into serious question for not arguing against the decision in the previous one and he did it so effectively that I wish I had put money on him. Damn he was such an underdog.

• tink
    tink

oh man, i was heartbroken. i love roy jones ! he's the only boxer that i really care about, actually.

• neyank
    neyank

It just goes to show that anyone can be beat on any given night.

neyank

• talesin
    talesin

FIL

Are you an avid boxing fan? I've been dying to ask someone about the Kirk Johnson decision last year.

Did you see the fight (I did not), and if so, did you feel he hit his opponent twice below the belt, as was stated in the judges' decision?

He vehemently denies it (he's a local guy), and I would love to get your take on it. Everyone around here is pretty biased, I can't get any straight answers.

Thanks,

talesin

• FirstInLine
    FirstInLine

neyank,

That is not the case. In both fights Tarver proved his supremacy. Trust me, any given night the superior fighter almost always wins. You are thinking of Baseball.

talesin,

Are you an avid boxing fan? I've been dying to ask someone about the Kirk Johnson decision last year.

Did you see the fight (I did not), and if so, did you feel he hit his opponent twice below the belt, as was stated in the judges' decision?

I only saw the very end as I recall, I got home from work like in the 2nd round and forgot, I do remember the controversey.

• talesin
    talesin

FIL

Sorry I took so long to reply. Haven't been around.

Ah, so the controversy wasn't just local. Interesting. Well, I hope he gets another shot at the title, then he can prove himself. Or not. But it does seem like it would be really stupid of him to make those moves when fighting for the Heavyweight title. And he's no Mike Tyson (ie. he has a brain! lol).

BTW, he just won a court decision against the local police (with the Human Rights Commission backing him) for harrassment. They stopped him over 20 times in one month, impounded his car, the whole nine yards. Just being a-holes. Goddess forbid someone from the African-Canadian community would be famous or anything. Lots of racism amongst the cops here. It sucks. I hope he gets major bucks. It might just teach them a lesson they'll remember.

thanks

tal

• gumby
    gumby

It's intresting that someone better always comes along. Roy Jones was/is considered the best fighter "pound for pound" in the world last I remember......yet he got beat. I was wondering though.....did he get beat because he went up in weight? If so....would this guy have beat him in his normal weight class?

Tyson was the same. He seemed unstoppable......then Douglas the underdog beat him bad, and so did Holyfield, twice. They made it look easy. Even Foreman went down to Ali though Ali was clearly beaten in Africa.

If there are any who never were beaten........they would have been had the opportunity arose at the right time. There's ALWAYS someone better.

So....is there really a best?

• FirstInLine
    FirstInLine
    So....is there really a best?

Rocky Marciano. There was no one better.

Tyson was the same. He seemed unstoppable......then Douglas the underdog beat him bad,

Mike barely trained for that fight. Additionally had the ref gave Douglas a legitimate count when he was knocked down the fight would have been over. This was the beginning of Tyson's complete self destruction which can only leave us to wonder if he could have been the all time best.

Even Foreman went down to Ali though Ali was clearly beaten in Africa.

If you are talking about the Congo, Ali won that one but yes they both beat eachother. (edit - oh i see what you are saying now nvm.)

I was wondering though.....did he get beat because he went up in weight? If so....would this guy have beat him in his normal weight class?

No. Jones used the excuse for his lackluster performance in the previous fight with Tarver that 'he had come down in weight.'

Tarver, knowing that he was going to beat him for sure this time around asked him seconds before the fight began "WHAT'S YOUR EXCUSE GOING TO BE THIS TIME?!" Jones has none. He was in rare form, at the top of his game. He had an eternity to prepare. He was aware of the challenge. Tarver whooped his ass. Tarver is better. Tarver is just emerging much later in his career because he wasn't given the same breaks Jones got. That's another thing. They are the same age.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit