An interesting admission.

by dmouse 2 Replies latest jw friends

• dmouse
    dmouse

I was just browsing through some old Kingdom Ministries (as you do) when I came across this interesting comment in the February 2001 (British)issue insert 'Facing Challenges in 2001':

(Speaking of 'most countries in the Western World')
    'However, it saddens us to realize that some have been side-tracked by the world's materialism and the lowering of moral standards. Others have grown weary of well-doing(!!!). As a result, a number have fallen into inactivity so that, whilst a healthy number are baptised each year, yet as many, if not more, become inactive.' (Pg 5)

There is the usual crap about why people leave or become inactive (no honorable way out, I'm afraid) but it's interesting to see them admit they are struggling with numbers in much of the Western World. Of course WE knew a long time ago but this is the first hint that R&F JWs will have had of the troubles brewing.

• Kent
    Kent

Hi;

Would it be possible for you (or anyone else) to scan this KM for me, and send the scans to [email protected]

Yakki Da

Kent

"The only difference between God and Adolf Hitler is that God is more proficient at genocide."

Daily News On The Watchtower and the Jehovah's Witnesses:
    http://watchtower.observer.org

• dmouse
    dmouse

I've had a go and they are on their way.

Notice on page 6, paragraph 8, that the poor teenagers get moaned about and further education gets another kicking.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit