Public Service Announcement

by Ciara 5 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Ciara
    Ciara

You guys forgive me if this has already been discussed, but I just now saw it and it has me kind of pissed off.

http://www.jw-media.org/edu_videos/psa4eisdn.htm

How dare they talk about child predators with their history of harboring them in their congregations?

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I wonder if they plan on doing a Public Service Announcement about sexual preditors in the KH.

• Gopher
    Gopher

If they were really concerned with the welfare of their own children, they'd clean up their own act rather than advertising themselves as some kind of moral leader.

Much like Jesus was recorded to have said about the Pharisees, the WTS is cleansing the outside of the cup, trying to make themselves look good with public announcements, while the inside of their cup is full of filth like concealed child molestation.

The hypocrites.

• Ciara
    Ciara

Amen, gopher!!!

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

Two things I picked up from that add, damage control and control. Lets not admit we have a problem, its all those bad worldly guys that would abuse children. Also it gets back to educating your children in the dangers of the internet not controlling every aspect of a persons life.

Will

• Corvin
    Corvin

This is what the JW site says regarding the video:

The public service announcement Protect Your Children received international recognition at the World Media Festival in Hamburg, Germany, where it was given the Gold Award for its overall excellence. This 30- and 60-second public service announcement is part of an ongoing effort by Jehovah?s Witnesses to bring attention to Bible principles that can help people deal with some of the most complex social issues of our time.

Yes, they are hypocrites for the obvious reasons, but when I read the above, this is what immediately came to mind:

Rbi8 Matthew 6:1-2 ***

6"Take good care not to practice YOUR righteousness in front of men in order to be observed by them; otherwise YOU will have no reward with YOUR Father who is in the heavens. 2 Hence when you go making gifts of mercy, do not blow a trumpet ahead of you, just as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may be glorified by men. Truly I say to YOU, They are having their reward in full.

Since when did the WTBTS decide that the approval of men, the World Media Festival, is so important?

w01 11/15 p. 23 How Do You Handle Hypocrisy? ***

"Let

Your Love Be Without Hypocrisy"

"When you do good to other people," admonished Jesus, "don?t hire a trumpeter to go in front of you?like those play-actors in the synagogues and streets who make sure that men admire them." (Matthew 6:2, Phillips) "Let your love be without hypocrisy," wrote the apostle Paul. (Romans 12:9) He encouraged young Timothy to have "love out of a clean heart . . . and out of faith without hypocrisy." (1 Timothy 1:5) If our love and faith are genuine?not tainted by selfishness and deception?others will trust us. We will be a source of real strength and encouragement to those around us. (Philippians 2:4; 1 John 3:17, 18; 4:20, 21) And above all, we will have Jehovah?s approval.

Hypocrisy, on the other hand, will ultimately prove death-dealing to those who practice it. In the end, hypocrisy will be openly exposed. "There is nothing covered over that will not become uncovered," said Jesus Christ, "and secret that will not become known." (Matthew 10:26; Luke 12:2) Wise King Solomon declared: "The true God himself will bring every sort of work into the judgment in relation to every hidden thing, as to whether it is good or bad."?Ecclesiastes 12:14.

The WTBTS better hope that Jehovah does not exist, because if He does exist, they are all so screwed . . .

Corvin

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit