Spurs / Lakers Game Yersterday

by Perry 7 Replies latest social current

• Perry
    Perry

Anybody see the Playoff game yesterday? Was that the game of the decade or what. This is reminding me of the Laker Celtic rivary from the late 80's. The San Antonio Express this morning ran full page giant print like they were announcing the Rapture or something.

BTW, for those that missed it; Duncan sank the winning bucket and left .4 sec. on the clock. That's 4 tenths of a second. The Lakers pushed it up for a 12 ft. bucket for the win..... all within the .4 secs. We were all simply dumbfounded.

Can't wait to go to LA. Go Spurs!!

• freedom96
    freedom96

Couldn't have asked for a better ending to the game.

• Perry
    Perry

Hi freedom!

That was astounding wasn't it? Duncan's shot right over the top of Shaquille's head was supposed to be the final one! Dammit!

• freedom96
    freedom96

Yeah, I was watching it, and hoping that the Lakers would win, and figured we had seen the end of the game. I had to hand it to the Spurs; the shot they made was great!

But then, you can't beat the Lakers shot, with the perfect timing, etc. What a game!

• Pork Chop
    Pork Chop

What a late clock start.

• Sassy
    Sassy

That was an awesome game..

Of course tonight I have to go for MN.. Just living in LA does not force me to be a Laker fan.. although I do enjoy watching their games too..

• Perry
    Perry

Well we beat them last year for the world championship for the second time. We all remember how the Laker coach talked alot of trash the first time around blaming it on the short season.

Last year he couldn't make that statement.

It really irks us here in San Antonio to hear the announcers (on tv) rave over the Lakers simply because they command such a larger viewing audience. Lil ole' San Antonio out here in west Texas is a village compared to S. Cal.

The Lakers are a fabulous team. We beat them twice for the world championship. When we do it again, we are prepared to hear all the familiar excuses from the announcer experts how they had an off year etc., etc.

Anyhow, these are the two best teams in NBA. It's electrifying to watch them.

Go Spurs Go!

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

The last minute of that game was awesome. My heart leaped, then sank, then almost burst...
     I think I'll go play pool tonight.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit