A Festival for a Wino like me

by copsec 6 Replies latest jw friends

• copsec
    copsec

Anyone here love good wine? I am going to Maifest in Hermann, MO. this weekend and partaking freely. There are several great wineries there and we get a group together every year for Maifest and Oktoberfest. We start at the wineries when they open at 11:00 AM and then when they close at 6:00 PM, we hit the Beer Gardens. It is so much fun and the wines are great. We go to a place called Bias Winery first where they make a fantastic Reisling along with a few other good wines, then hit a couple of mediocre wineries on the way to the Adam Puchta Winery which makes a great white wine called Adam's Choice and a WONDERFUL dessert wine called Jazzbery, then we go to Hermannhoff Winery where my favorite is to mix their Cherry Wine with some Golden Spumante and make a spritzer. Then we eat and go to a little Beer Garden behind the Rieff House B & B where we drink a German beer called Oberdorfer Weiss Light. Most of these places can be found online if anyone wants to look and see what I am talking about. It's a great time!

• copsec
    copsec

No one else here likes wine???

• lazyslob
    lazyslob

Why drink wine, when thereĀ“s beer?

• copsec
    copsec

LOL Lazy, I like both, thats why we hit the Beer Gardens after the wineries close

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow

Copsec - sounds like a great time, really! We have wine country north of me and I've been starting to think about touring the wineries up there sometime - the country is beautiful, so it would be a nice trip all 'round.

Have fun!!!!! And get PICTURES, don't forget us....

• talesin
    talesin

I do! I do!

Don't 'know' much about wine, that is what is supposed to be good in the fancy sense. I generally like Bordeaux and Burgundies. We have some fine wineries here. It's recent in the last 20 years, as the growing season is short.

I visited a winery in the Napa Valley years ago when vacationing in LA-LA land. It was fun, but I was so ignorant about wines, I just knew it was free! At 21, though, I guess ignorance is bliss. heheheh

Since last fall, I've been making my own wine. Learning from my father, who has a real knack for it. He grows his own grapes and we make red. Took me weeks to get those stains scrubbed off my toes after the grape-stomping sessions last fall! heheh He has made dandelion, blueberry, blackberry, and rose hips wine as well. Experimenting is a lot of fun.

We also make sake. It's really good, and my favorite white wine. So simple,,, rice, raisins, sugar and yeast. MMM MMM GOOD!

Just having a nice glass of blueberry wine right now. It's funny, the homemade stuff is so much better than any of the commercial I have tasted (blueberry, that is). You can actually taste the flavour of the berries. It is intoxicating. Well, you know what I mean.

talesin

• copsec
    copsec

Talesin,

You have a PM. Also, I really enjoy homemade wine. My father used to make persimmon wine which was actually very tasty.

Seeitallclearly, PICTURES????? You want me to give ya'll the ammunition to BLACKMAIL me? LOL!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit