Just leave us alone!

by HoChiMin 1 Replies latest jw friends

• HoChiMin
    HoChiMin

Has anyone ever heard of or used the angle against the WT that a minor never actually made their own choice to join the cult? ( has not attended for 5 years since the age of 18) The reason I'm looking into it is I recently had a visit by a snake elder. He came to my home at 7:10am as my friend (ha) to encourage me to return to the meetings. That isn't so bad in of itself ,just very annoying, but as he was leaving he snuck in an investigatory question in regards to my adult child's dating habits, namely, not dating a fellow cult member. Immediately red flags went up, I wanted to kick his snake ass out of my house, I held back and told him I don't ask about it. I'm sure he was on a mole mission from the dink PO to get to me, however I'm prepared to release a lawyer to look into it.

Any thoughts or possible approaches would help. I guess the goal is to just leave us alone and not ever mention our names publicly.

HCM

• OrangeBlossom
    OrangeBlossom

I don't think there is anything they can do to your son if he was never baptized. If he had ever been announced as an "unbaptized publisher" then they might make an announcement that he is no longer considered an unbaptized publisher. In some Nazi type congregations they may announce him as a "bad associate" although I think that is rare.

I have a son in the same position. He is dating a non-witness girl but he was never baptized. He was at one time considered an unbaptized publisher but it has been years since he went in service so I think they just consider him a person of the world.

I'm sure that each congregation is different as to how they handle this kind of situation. Where I'm from they could give a rat's ass about my children.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit