Jehovah's Witnesses are following a man and not the Bible...

by DYKJ 9 Replies latest jw friends

• DYKJ
    DYKJ

The Jehovah's Witnesses was begun by Charles Taze Russell in 1872. That says it all. How can you follow a man? A normal man started the "religion" Jehovah Witness. Anyone can just begun something now a days... http://www.encyclopedia.com/html/R/RusslC1T1.asp http://www.britannica.com/eb/article?eu=44484&tocid=0&query=jehovah%20witnewss&ct= http://www.carm.org/jw/history.htm Do you know who started Christianity... Who the founder of Christianity is... Jesus Christ (The Son of God (Mark 1:1)) http://www.britannica.com/eb/article?eu=109559&tocid=0&query=jesus&ct= Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life (John 14:6) www.dykj.ownsthis.com

• Joker10
    Joker10

What religion hasn't started somewhere?

And DYKJ, this is NOT a pro-JW board.

• DYKJ
    DYKJ

I know but it's a shame what the devil is doing. The devil is using people to just make a religions. There's only one true religion... Christianity started by Jesus Christ who is God. All other religions started by man (which are false religions).

• Joker10
    Joker10

Well you know what? The devil is doing a lot of shit these days. Just look out all those so called 'Chistians'. Like they kid anybody.

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes
    The Jehovah's Witnesses was begun by Charles Taze Russell in 1872. That says it all. How can you follow a man? A normal man started the "religion" Jehovah Witness.

You are wrong and acting like bit of a motard.

Russel started the Watchtower.

Rutherford started Jehovah's Witenesses partialy to distance the group from Russell. It is all well documented. Rutherford took the whole thing over with the bible students (Russell's Group ) kicking and screaming.

The JW's don't follow many of Russell's teachings. It just sounds good to claim Russell started JWs to hide the fragmented past. The Watchtower denouced his teachings in 1928.

Many JWs also don't follow the prinited watchtower, but a oral code known as the "bible trained conscience". Simular to "what would Jesus do" or the talmud. This is passed by word of mouth and enforced by busy body elders and pioneers.

• Special K
    Special K

Right on.. DYKJ

I couldn't agree with you more

Special K

• kls
    kls

Dyjk, the jws along other religions blame everything on the devil. Many of these have to have a scapgoat for their own actions, rather then using their own common sense that they themselves are to blame for their own actions.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

G'day DYKJ and welcome aboard!

You sound like you may have only just started looking in but never mind, you'll soon get the hang of things!

I must say though that your viewpoint seems rather skewed. True, the Dubs were started by CT Russell but nowadays they almost disclaim their origins.

Out of interest, what's your connection with the dubs? It'd help to know where you're "coming from" so to speak.

Cheers, Ozzie

• Isis
    Isis

I am going to share a thought I posted on another site also --->

I am not defending the witnesses by any means but the same argument can be used for most religions.

Jesus was just an ordinary "man" too and many religions base their belief system on him.

And sorry to burst your bubble, but you can't use the bible to prove anything about Jesus. Do you know why you can't? We will use your same and very astute argument -IT WAS WRITTEN BY ORDINARY MEN. Thus you can't follow anything in it either.

Now we come to the - "I know it is the word of God, it says so in the Bible" argument. This is almost too ludicrous to address but, if I write a book or even supposedly direct a book to be written and put in it that I am the all powerfully and my book is the truth and reality of "Goddess Isis" will you believe that? Well, maybe not you personally but based on history maybe in a thousand years or so I will be worshiped just like Jesus, Jehovah, or whoever people are worshiping.

Just a thought

• run dont walk
    run dont walk
    You are wrong and acting like bit of a motard.

Russel started the Watchtower.

Rutherford started Jehovah's Witenesses partialy to distance the group from Russell. It is all well documented. Rutherford took the whole thing over with the bible students (Russell's Group ) kicking and screaming.

The JW's don't follow many of Russell's teachings. It just sounds good to claim Russell started JWs to hide the fragmented past. The Watchtower denouced his teachings in 1928.

Many JWs also don't follow the prinited watchtower, but a oral code known as the "bible trained conscience". Simular to "what would Jesus do" or the talmud. This is passed by word of mouth and enforced by busy body elders and pioneers.

exactly, nothing to add

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit