new kingdom songs?

by ezekiel3 9 Replies latest jw friends

• ezekiel3
    ezekiel3

Hi, my first post, although i've been lurking for some time now. I am an active JW that continues my association with full knowledge of the organisation's tactics. My main reason for abiding is my family and friends, although there is little I agree with in the way of doctrine. I wish I could express more, but don't want to give away my 'position'.

My question is, how do I post the following:

I have a legit copy of the 'Kingdom Singers' performing at the 114th Gilead graduation. I thought I would offer it up as a thank you for the intelligent posts (Blondie) I have enjoyed. The most notable track is a cover of Le Mis "Let Them Go" with variations to match the missionary theme (!). There are two other songs not included in the Song Book (Sing Praises...). Most is just glee club stuff.

• Nina
    Nina

Try PM'ing Simon and asking him to put them up for you.

I'd like to hear them!

Nina

• AuSet
    AuSet

welcome to the board, ezekiel...

hope you hang around for awhile

• TweetieBird
    TweetieBird

Hi Ezekiel,

I'm in the same boat with you. I have so much family that are die-hard JW's that I go to enough meetings to put on a good show. I'm active on paper only. It's so hard sometimes. Anyway, welcome!

• Shutterbug
    Shutterbug

Welcome Zeke, stick around. Although you apparently have already seen thru the WTS tactics, you will, no doubt, learn many things here. Nice to have you. Bug

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

Well, if the Society is allowing new Kingdom Songs to be used at official functions, I'd guess that a new songbook is coming up soon, possibly at this year's convention (or perhaps just advance announcement of a fall or spring release, as they did with the current songbook). I've been thinking about that for some reason; the current book has been in use for 20 years now, which is longer than any previous songbook that I'm aware of.

Not that this is of major importance or anything, but I find the topic mildly interesting.

• ezekiel3
    ezekiel3

Ok, Simon wherever you are...

The brow-raiser here is that the Society sanctions a cover of Le Miserables. The musical is superb but full of "immorality", criminal behavior, violence, prostitution and political theme. The standard poster for the musical features the French tri-color. And have the rights been secured to reproduce the cover?

Someone please assist, "I need to sing!"

• codeblue
    codeblue

Welcome Ezekiel...hope you enjoy your stay here!

• Strawberryfieldsforever
    Strawberryfieldsforever

Welcome Ezekiel!!!

Let me take you down....cause I'm going to.....Strawberryfields......nothing is real.....

Just me acting up on a Friday!

• Roddy
    Roddy

Hi Ezekiel! Welcome.

I've opened my eyes. I've been on WTS eye and ear candy and in their Land of Make Believe for over 25 years, and I'm not taking any more of it. I'm a JW dropout. So I'm technically still a JW but I try to tuck under the radar as much as possible. I have lots of family in the JWs and I don't want to loose them because The Borg has lost its assimilation of me.

The previous song book was released in 1984, if my memory is correct. Previous to that was a song book in 1967, 17 years earlier. So it has been 20 years since the last song book. I figured that they would come out with a song book in 2001 because that's 17 years after the last one. Three years later still nothing.

I'm sure this will be the year of the new song book. They got to keep the cattle grazing and entertained. They need to give them a new candy-coated "Gift from Jehovah!" to make the people dance, rejoice, and endure another repetitious boring summer convention.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit