end of the world...

by Nicolas 3 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Nicolas
    Nicolas

As r51785 said, I think that my world will end when I'll die. If I'm lucky, it will be in 60 year(I'm 21 years old) and if I'm very lucky, it will be in 70 year. Also, I read something interesting here: http://www.abhota.info/end1.htm ca. 2800 BC According to Isaac Asimov's Book of Facts (1979), an Assyrian clay tablet dating to approximately 2800 BC was unearthed bearing the words "Our earth is degenerate in these latter days. There are signs that the world is speedily coming to an end. Bribery and corruption are common." This is one of the earliest examples of the perception of moral decay in society being interpreted as a sign of the imminent end. So, the JW aren't the first to predict the end of the world.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Ah, very good find! Just goes to show how much the doomsayers recycle the same old crap....

• True North
    True North

Hey, thanks for the post. That's an interesting page you found.

BTW, the following item on it caught my attention since -- as I recall -- the JW writers were relatively positive in their evaluation of the Anabaptists:

1533Anabaptist prophet Melchior Hoffman's prediction for the year of Christ's Second Coming, to take place in Strasbourg. He claimed that 144,000 people would be saved, while the rest of the world would be consumed by fire. (Kyle p.59)
  • Spooner
    Spooner

ah but what about the "other sheep" who spend so much time going door to door to spread the false teachings of their church, don't they get to live on earth forever? hope the fire doesn't hurt them too much

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit