Ironic current or recent WT magazine cover?

by robhic 3 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• robhic
    robhic

I recently caught sight of a WT magazine at my JW girlfriend's house. I didn't want to ask her if I could look at it (no sense opening that door!) but the cover was titled "Religion -- the root of mankind's problems?" I thought the simple, obvious answer was "You betcha!" but I imagine they wouldn't indict themselves (at least not intentionally) in their own publication.

Has anyone seen or have access to this WT? It is a deep blue with those words (above) on the cover. I'd be curious at just who they are taking aim at in the article. I'm betting catholics but who can be sure?

I am guessing it is the current WT (don't remember seeing it before) or it could just be a recent one. Anybody know? Thanks,

Robert

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

The supremacist Watchtower cult has been bashing 'false' religion since forever.Back in 'detox' Joe's time they would picket outside churches with picket signs captioned:Religion is a snare and and a racket.

One of my biggie JW cult indoctrination holdouts: ( 1 ) Rev. 17:17.." and God will put it into their hearts..." This is a WT$ key scripture that they interpret/attribute to the world's secular leaders viz. the united nations finally getting sick and tired of all the strife caused by 'false religion'.

When this WT prophecy is fulfilled the UN will 'outlaw' all religion with 'extreme violence'. To quote the WT, they will 'burn her with fire'.

Yes, the WT Say's that every nun, priest and all of "Babylon the great's" clergy class will be executed and every non JW house of worship will be 'burned to the ground'.Leaving Jehovah's Witnesses standing alone against the 'Godless hordes of Gog of Magog'.

Well, folks this dire apocalyptic scenario sounds plausible when you stop and think,that indeed a lot of the world's problems ,e.g. global terror , is linked to religion.Didn't Karl Marx say," religion is the opium of the people?

Guess what?? The WT joined the United Nations, and it ain't divine province to attribute world distress to religion.Just look at all the family destruction and turmoil instigated by your's truly JW's.Besides the demons who are the authors of Wt 'profitcy$' would know this.

• robhic
    robhic
    When this WT prophecy is fulfilled the UN will 'outlaw' all religion with 'extreme violence'. To quote the WT, they will 'burn her with fire'.

Yeah, like the UN could do anything of the sort! They can't find their ass with both hands! If the UN is such an entity to be feared I don't really think we as a population have a thing to worry about.

Of course, I thought the wanton and complete destruction of all the world's religions was supposed to have happened already...

Robert

• metatron
    metatron

there's ironic articles too.

In a recent Awake, they reported that Anglican ministers were buying sermons for $13 each.

Show me any meeting part in any Kingdom Hall that' s worth paying $13 for! Considering the organization's

problems with contributions, I'd say most Witnesses agree - with their wallets.

metatron

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit