I've... got something 'against' Bethel, Fred...

by AGuest 3 Replies latest jw friends

• AGuest
    AGuest

And if you would condescend to LOOK IT UP, you would find that you should have something against it, too!

1. Ancient Bethel - capital city of Samaria, ultimately became a 'center of false worship' as a result of Jeroboam installing NON-LEVITICAL priests in service. Its chief priests in fact PERSECUTED the Prophet of JAH, Amos, telling him NOT to prophesy there... but to 'run off to Judah (the capital city of which was Jerusalem)and THERE eat bread and prophesy"...

Source[\b]: 1 Kings 12:28-30; Insight on Scriptures[\i], under the heading "Bethel"

2. Brooklyn Bethel - misunderstood to have been named such by divine inspiration after the Hebrew meaning "House of God" (Beth-El)... but IN TRUTH, actually named such simply due to its predecessor... PROVIDENCE BETHEL PRESBYTERIAN (?) CHURCH... due to the fact that the first building occupied as the WTBTS Headquarters WAS a Protestant Church. The 'organization' simply dropped the words, "Providence" and "Presbyterian Church".

[b]Source

: [i]Proclaimer's Book

Look it UP, Fred... and please... GET A CLUE!

A VERY exuberant (er, 'happy') slave of Christ,

SJ (hey, what happened to the "PotatoGrrrl"?)

• JUSTAMOM
    JUSTAMOM

Hey Sista:

Better yet!

Bad Bethel!

Oh Freddy needs to read AMOS 5:4-6 and see just how bad it is and what the outcome for it is. VERSE 3

Sorry Freddy

Bethel just aint what it used to be

JUST A MOM (Kim)

• AGuest
    AGuest

Hey, 'MOM!

What's going on, Girl-O! Answer yer phone...

Peace!

• logical
    logical

I always found that strange, that they should call it "Bethel" after the history of the real place....

Now I know why. Amazing how history repeats itself.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit