June 15 Watchtower

by Mommie Dark 0 Replies latest jw friends

• Mommie Dark
    Mommie Dark

Papa brought me a WT someone had left at the local gas station, and I swallowed my nausea and read the whole thing.

You know what struck me most? How crappy the quality of the magazine itself has become. The paper is cleap and slick and the whole format looks somehow seedy. When I was a kid, the Watchtower was a formidable thing, heavy official-looking paper and that craggy huge Tower dominating the cover of every issue. Now they look just like all the other giveaway evangelical rags. And is it just me, or do you think the style has dumbed down even more than it was in the 80's?

There just wasn't any substance there! Bland and avuncular. The effect was not simple, but simplistic. And the manipulation seemed blatant, almost cartoonishly so. The evils of the internet, the evils of wanting more than sustenance and covering, Jehovah has eyes everywhere, and His wrath is coming Any Day Now! But the choice is yours, whether you show you love Jehovah the Organizationally Approved Way (tm)or not, we're just here to encourage you...

sorry if someone wanted that issue, it's in the trash. Regretfully, the cheap paper isn't even a good bird cage liner.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit