Awesome Margarita Recipe

by exjdub 8 Replies latest jw friends

• exjdub
    exjdub

Although I know most of you are not drinkers and also do not celebrate "worldly" holidays

Cinco De Mayo is coming and I ran across a margarita recipe in the newspaper that sounds awful good.

Watermelon Margarita

2 oz. Tequila

1-1/2 oz. Fresh Watermelon Citrus Juice (recipe below)

1/2 oz. orange liqueur

Midori liqueur

Fresh Watermelon

In shaker, combine tequila, fresh watermelon-citrus juice and orange liqueur with ice and shake. Pour into rocks glass (or margarita glass) over ice. Over back of spoon, pour 1/2 oz of Midori to float (it will sink to the bottom of the glass). Garnish with wedge of watermelon. I like salt on the rim of the glass, but of course that is optional.

Fresh Watermelon Citrus Juice

1 whole watermelon

6 oz. fresh lome juice

6 oz. orange juice

Start by juicing watermelon, without seeds (if you don't have a juicer, I am sure a blender will do if you strain it after). Strain so liquid is clear and bright pink with no pulp. This should yield about 1 gallon of juice. Add the lime juice and orange juice. Stir.

Exjdub

• Sassy
    Sassy

hmmm.. sounds good. I might have to try making that. Too bad I am not at home.. or I'd make one now! ok.. I'd wait till after lunch

• exjdub
    exjdub

Isn't fruit a breakfast item? I think you can have this before lunchtime.

• Sassy
    Sassy

I LIKE the way you think xjdub!!

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

Good recipe ! I'm out to get a watermelon.

• Celtic
    Celtic

Looks crosseyed at you all and lolls rocking from side to side in figures of 8, ooo la laaa

• Sassy
    Sassy

I have got to try this.. in the meantime I'll see if Sally can make me a regular Margarita tonight

• simplesally
    simplesally

Will a Cadillac margarita work my dear Sassafrass?

• Sassy
    Sassy

ya ya ya ya ya

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit