Lightening striking liars.......

by desib77 3 Replies latest jw friends

• desib77
    desib77

I was on the phone with my mother last night explaining my recent hair mishap and telling her that I've been getting sick. She then reminded me that she had something similar happen with her hair and that no one would tell her that it looked bad. She said, "I'm just surprised that Jehovah didn't strike them down with lightening for lying to me." Oh yeah, right, that happens ALL the time! How stupid! Then she goes on to tell me that if I take a few minutes to read in my Bible that I would start to feel better. I'm sure she meant the NWT, probably wouldn't start to feel better with any other version....

I thought the whole conversation was just stupid....oh, and I guess she wouldn't have minded me getting struck with lightening since I was one of the people who lied to her about her hair to make her feel better...when she brought up the Bible and Jehovah, I just told her I wasn't reading anything....I was going to bed.

Desi

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

You know, I really have to wonder why Jehovah doesn't strike people down with lightning anymore. Maybe because it's BULLSHIT???

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

hehe Desi, it is so funny how when we are out of the borg, we can see how silly, embarrassingly silly , it all was.

LOL @ Nos, the whole subject of JW's can be the next topic for Penn & Teller's Bullshit series on HBO, or whatever channel that is.

• Mary
    Mary
    She said, "I'm just surprised that Jehovah didn't strike them down with lightening for lying to me."

If that were the case, Columbia Heights would resemble the bowels of Hell.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit