Raptureready.org .... are you ready?

by FreeWilly 7 Replies latest jw friends

• FreeWilly
    FreeWilly

http://raptureready.com

This is a pretty amusing site. Look what they say about JW's:

"The Jehovah's Witnesses made sure, in 1984, that no one else would be able to top their record of most wrong doomsday predictions. The Witnesses' record currently holds at nine. The years are: 1874, 1878, 1881, 1910, 1914, 1918, 1925, 1975, and 1984. Lately, the JWs are claiming they're out of the prediction business, but it's hard to teach an old dog new tricks. They'll be back. "

Whats up with 1984? Is that when they said the end would come in this century or something?

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

70 years from 1914. It was an informal date. Talked about a lot at the local level but not really explicitly stated in the publications.

• Mary
    Mary

Beam Me Up Scotty!!

• heathen
    heathen

LMAO@the site . I was reading about the #666 and the anti christ . There are people who think barney the dinosaur is the antichrist . Yep the WTBTS was wrong on many attempts to pin point the date then they said the master is delaying and went to beating their fellow slaves .

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

I recall my mother, around 1984 or so, telling me that "the world" probably won't last another five years. The hype mush have been really high in the mid 1980s. Here I am, 20 years later.

My question is, when the hell did they predict 1910?

edited to add: maybe we should email them and tell them about 2034.

• mustang
    mustang

"If the rapture should take place, resulting in my absence, it will become necessary for tribulation saints to mirror or financially support this site. "

LMAO. If you can keep YOUR head, while those about you are losing theirs... Then you need some writers like these guys to keep laughing!!!

Mustang

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman
    There are people who think barney the dinosaur is the antichrist .

How absurd. A logical reading of Revelation clearly establishes Barney as the "false prophet."

• onacruse
    onacruse

Leolaia:

70 years from 1914. It was an informal date. Talked about a lot at the local level but not really explicitly stated in the publications.

Yep; I remember very clearly how the brothers and sisters (and I) speculated about 1984. The "implied, but not outright said" about the now-defunct "generation." I wasn't even supposed to graduate from high school (1969), because Armygarden would come before then.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit