Home Improvement

by simplesally 6 Replies latest jw friends

• simplesally
    simplesally

Today, I went to Home Depot and got some supplies. I painted one wall .......... oh man, it took me forever. It took me the same amount of time to paint my daughter's whole room!!!!!!!

I guess that's cuz I chose such a dark color and its a very big wall. I had to be extra careful because it is brown. I bought Ralph Lauren paint and it is a specialty paint, a bit thicker. I am doing a suede effect on the wall behind my bed and it runs into the master suite part of the room. Plus its about a 14' ceiling.

Lines are straight, carpet is clean, brushes clean and the beer was cold!!!!!!!!!

Now I am drinking Cadillac margaritas............ tequila, mix with a Grand Marnier float!

I deserve it!

• natalienu
    natalienu

Way to go Sally!!!!

Damn that drink looks good!

• simplesally
    simplesally

Nat,

I am feeling pretty good now! I finally washed all the paint off of me! I had paint in my hair and everywhere else ....... that paint splattered. I hated the Ralph Lauren roller, good thing I had some other ones handy. I can see why they recommended the Ralph Lauren one though, it had a splatter guard..........but the roller would not attach to my paint telescopic stick (I don't know what you really call it).

It feels good to accomplish things.

• Dan-O
    Dan-O

Cool beans!

Now that you have that brown paint washed out of the roller, can you swing over to my place? I was thinking about a pale yellow, or a cream color for the living room ... maybe a blue accent color, too. And bring your wallpaper tools. I think a border is in order.

• bebu
    bebu

A 14' ceiling? No wonder it took so long. It sounds really like a great project.

Enjoy yourself!

bebu

• simplesally
    simplesally

Actually, Dan-O, I have the yellow paint already..........I just bought some custard yellow colored paint for my daughter's bathroom and some KILZ.......I had painted it a bamboo green and it's a little too wild. That'll be the next project.

Tomorrow, I have to the suede effect on that big wall. I will tackle the other walls another day!

• Sassy
    Sassy

Sally.. your place looked great..

I would have loved a cadallac Margarita last night.. and I really could use one tonight..

although boo hoo.. I have to clean my place because the apartment managers have a new bank doing a inspection of our building tomorrow.. shoot.. I could use a drink too.. especially after how my morning started..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit