HEY Canada!!

by Soledad 6 Replies latest jw friends

• Soledad
    Soledad

This chick is planning a trip to the land up North. I have decided on Montreal.

Suggestions? Nice places to go (on a budget of course)? I probably wont drive. Oh and I'll be going on or around July 14th, less than 1 week. Is that a good time or should I plan another date?

Opinions Welcome!!

• natalienu
    natalienu

Woohoo!! You go girl! I am moving to Vancouver next year - but thats all the way from Australia!

• Soledad
    Soledad

am moving to Vancouver next year - but thats all the way from Australia

WOW!! I'm moving too..not to Canada, but to Las Vegas sometime next spring. I'm happy and sad at the same time (I know I'll miss NYC a lot!!)

• RandomTask
    RandomTask

"Hey Canada", a candidate for the new Canadian national anthem

• Scully
    Scully

Montreal is a vibrant city (if I do say so myself) and there's a nice group of JWD posters who live in the area. I'm sure we could plan for a mini-apostofest while you're there.

Love, Scully

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

First I would suggest you put Montreal in your header (just edit the first post and change the title)

There are a few posters here in and around Montreal. Sadly I won't be there at that time.

Montreal is exceptionally easy to get around. They have a great metro (subway) system that connects to both buses and trains. The Metro can be a tour in itself on a rainy day. The art work at each stop is stunning.

Montreal is the city of summer festivals. Almost any week you go something is happening so make sure to check them out. Usually you can get a schedule at the Old Port - a must see. The Bonsecours Market is a few blocks from where my family first lived when they came to Canada in the 1500's.

Typical places to visit are the Mountain, Old Montreal with its cobblestone streets, St. Joseph's Oratory and Notre Dame Bascilica, parks parks and parks.

If you like cycling you can rent a bike at the old port and pretty much ride the bicycle routes all the way around the island.

And on those rainy days when you aren't exploring the Metro try the underground city that sprawls under the downtown streets. You can literally walk throught several miles/blocks from one mall to the next and never see a drop of rain.

And FOOD - to die for everywhere. I miss the food and already have a list of my favorite eateries that I need to visit while I am there. And many restaurants allow you to bring your own wine. They will open and pour it for you too.

La Ronde - an amusement park on the island in the St; Lawrence River

• RandomTask
    RandomTask

Are you seperatist?!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit