Peevishness

by CeriseRose 8 Replies latest jw friends

• CeriseRose
    CeriseRose

I feel peevish. My friend who is still a JW brought over her taxes and related bookkeeping things today. We had a chat...not theocratic, but it had some history on things that went on when I was a JW.

Last time I talked to her, I didn't know what I did about the WTS. I thought I'd be back. Now I know I won't be. I don't want to have to explain, or talk about it. I just want to disappear (I'm good, no, excellent at avoidance).

So the visit left me feeling peevish, out of sorts. I know it won't last...it's just icky while it's happening. Bleh.

Just needed to share. Carry on.

• Sassy
    Sassy

It's just new ground for you.. we'll go through that as we seperate ourselves I think..

• Badger
    Badger

Icky will be better than what could be coming...be ready.

• shotgun
    shotgun

I know what you mean...my former best friend called me the other day and spoke about Aux pioneering for at least fifteen minutes and giving away mags to passerby's during rush hour without even saying a word....(Jesus must be proud I thought)

He told me that he thought it would be difficult and satan would throw roadblocks in front of him but everything went smooth last month.

I told him that was nice of Satan to cut him some slack like that and not hinder him in accomplishing his hours.

I felt icky too.....

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow

Hi CeriseRose - I think I know what you mean, it's an uncomfortable feeling being around them and that strange former "eau de Witness" is present. Yuck. Kind of a feeling of foreboding. Same with an old childhood memory that was unpleasant maybe.

I don't know! But I'll bet it gets better in time! That's what they tell us anyway, and I believe it.

• CeriseRose
    CeriseRose

Yes, it was almost like she was testing the waters. She mentioned how someone she knows feels JWs are a cult (waits for response) and a few other hot buttons. She is so not the type to do that so I'm thinking it was just chatting. However, it did leave a weird feeling.

Badger what do you think could be coming? I'm disassociated so I'm not overly concerned...*they* can't do anything to me. And when I DAd I was prepared to never talk to a JW again, including friends. She is continuing the friendship through a business relationship. If she breaks that I'll understand and it would be okay. (Well, not overly okay but I'd live...as I said, I was expecting to be out of contact with all of them when I left...)

Ah well. I guess it's all part of it, as you've said.

• Badger
    Badger

sorry...thought you were just starting the fade...my mistake...

My parents are in the anger phase of mourning over my leaving.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

On a positive note; how often do you get to use the word peevish when you aren't writing a period novel?

Six~ I got your bright-side class

• CeriseRose
    CeriseRose

Six: BUSTED! I've been watching film adaptations of early 1800's literature again. I love that word. Soooo much. *giggles* And yes, it's a positive thing. Badger: No worries. I can understand how knowing the way JWs are *supposed* to be with people who have left, it might be confusing as to my status. I got freaked that the WTS could do something *else* to me. hehe ;)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit