Spiders...2

by Rabbit 5 Replies latest jw friends

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

Oh, boy Spiders.

If you did not already know ...I like spiders and the more you take time to learn about them, the less you will fear them, maybe. lol

For instance...in the US there are only 2 spiders, the Brown Recluse and the Black Widow, that are truly poisonous. Although, some people are hyper-sensitive, luckily I am not.

My new wife is learning...I don't kill spiders in my house -- unless they are dangerous. Then, I'll take them out away from the house and release them. They eat a lot of insects and are beneficial.

In Texas, we have these cute little guys called "Jumping Spiders" they are black with several white spots and sometimes a design on the top of their abdomen. They are short-legged and stubby, you'll see them around windows and ceilings...they 'jump' on flys and other small prey. People see a black spider and will almost always say...like my wife at first, "Honey, come kill this...it's a Black Widow!"

Now tho', after shes' seen me gently get him out of her way...letting him crawl on my hand, and put him elsewhere...she OK. If it looks different she'll still scream..."Come see what this is...and get it out of my kitchen, dammit!" I comply. She has let "Blackie" crawl on her hand, too.

Different 'jumping or hopping' spiders are all over the world, they are harmless.

See...? You can unlearn a fear by education.

In Britain -- do y'all have any poisonous spiders, insects or animals...?

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

sorry, I was replying to Englishman's post about 'Spiders' and it came out as a new subject...?

• kls
    kls

Not never, not no way , eeeeewwwwww, All them legs just a creeping along and then the hairy bodies and them pinchers for a mouth, yuck. Did ya ever think about getting a dog? Or maybe a hamster

• boa
    boa

rabbit

i have normally been a 'catch and release' spider kind of guy, however, there have been some really nasty bites getting people and unexplained ones even in our family and I believe it is spiders (could be wrong but don't see many other things crawling around) so i'm more in 'search and destroy' mode if they are found in the house......

boa..

• flower
    flower

if i see a spider i do one of three things..

if its small enough i smash it with my shoe or a magazine if there is one nearby

if its too big and therefore too messy to smash i quick grab a can of insecticide and spray it till i cant breath and it is soaked in fluid and struggling to walk

if there is a male nearby i freak out like a maniac and make him do it.

sorry spidey lovers :)

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

KLS, I have a cat and dog, thank you.

No pet spiders, silly, you can't 'own' a spider...they are as free-spirited as th' wind blowing thru their bristly hair...as they swing by a thread into the sunset.

Lovely, huh...? lol

Boa:

rabbit, i have normally been a 'catch and release' spider kind of guy, however,

Never thought of that way 'catch & release' that was a funny picture you put in my head,
    ~~ fishing rig in hand ~~

if there is a male nearby i freak out like a maniac and make him do it.

Flower, that's OK...hell, I've killed a few myself, ya' gotta do what you gotta do

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit