new faith

by The Angry Atheist 3 Replies latest social relationships

• The Angry Atheist
    The Angry Atheist

the other day i was walking in the rain and trying damned hard to use my hat bill to shield my smoke when a girl i know pulled up in her car along side me. "hey girl,how much?" i said. she laughed and asked if wanted a ride where ever i was going. this girl,i'll call her christian for her faith, has sprooved her self as the most caring, forgiving girl i have ever met. she is funny, sweet, and considerate. she does not even push her faith on me. she knows i hate the concept of god and has yet t o address the issue in an agressive or unyeilding way. she, single handedly is starting to restore my faith in religious humanity.

i am humbled by her and have found my self cussing less and generaly behaving less vulger around her( somthing i swore i would never do for any one unless it yeilded to comic effect).

any one else meet some one like this or is she a fluke. her folks are atheist and an agnostic.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

I've known people to "calm down" after being dumbfounded by a beautiful woman. It's just a submission thing that most guys go through when they meet "the woman of their dreams". You're just kidding yourself if you think that her Christian ways have affected you. Keep your head above the clouds of love, not in them.

(SLAP!)

• Satanus
    Satanus

Yah, it's probly those hormones. Nothing like a shot of em to get ya feeling good.

SS

• Markfromcali
    Markfromcali

I recently met a young girl like that in a class I TA, she's just friendly with everybody and is really open hearted. I don't know what her religious inclinations might be or that she even has any, but that's all I need to know.

I'm not sure what religious humanity means, to me there's just humanity. I think that's what makes some people so approachable, it has nothing to do with their world view. I have no doubt that such people are not a function of their way of thinking, rather it's the other way around - there's something deeper to energize their particular form of faith so it may appear that way.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit