My ex-JW girlfriend is getting married.

by Atilla 3 Replies latest jw friends

• Atilla
    Atilla

Yep, I just found out not too long ago although not directly. My parents were actually invited but I guess my invitation got lost in the mail. The funny thing is that she is going to marry a guy from Grenada in Grenada. I guess she went there on a vacation to visit some old friends from the U.S. and then met her guy. I must admit that I did kinda screw her over 3 years ago when I left the Org. It was really out of my hands though because after an elders meeting, her dad, also an elder came up to me and told me I could no longer see his daughter. I was considered "bad" because I was moving out into an apartment with this girl from work. However, there really was no other option at the time for me, unless I wanted to live with my parents forever.

Well, my parents will obviously not be going to the wedding because they wouldn't go to a wedding across town let alone one in another country. I was thinking about emailing the girl and saying congratulations or something like that, it all depends. I hope her marriage goes all right but she is probably getting married to someone from Grenada because there aren't very many JW guys here in PA. I know a lot of JW girls who get married to guys from other countries because choices here are very limited. I mentioned to my parents that I might contact my old girlfriend and my mom got real nervous, like ah, why would you want to do that? I guess my parents are afraid I would say something to shake things up or open people's eyes, who knows with them. Like I said, I really do hope the best for my ex-JW girlfriend but I have the feeling that a marriage like that is bound to have problems. What to do, what to do?

• simplesally
    simplesally

Live and let live. She is a JW and you are not. She is marrying a JW and he's from a foreign country...I feel sorry for her. She will be under the headship of a man who won't be able to work in the USA and she will have to support them if they live here and he will be the one to tell her what to do! Hahahahahahahahaha.

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

I dunno, sending congrats at this point just seems like picking at old wounds. I'd just hold my peace and say nothing. Take the not getting an invitation as a sign that she has moved on.

• a wee scots lass
    a wee scots lass

Atilla,

Would it help you to move on if you e-mailed her for complete closer? If so then do it! Don?t leave it to fester in your mind.

L

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit