Anyone Know Anything About Small Intestine Cancer?

by ExpandedMind 6 Replies latest jw friends

• UpAndAtom
    UpAndAtom

Here's something a little different to research. Your friend may like to try Almonds... not as a cure, but more of a preventative measure after regular treatment has begun - during the remission/healing phase... the scary phase. Not too many... just 3 per day... no more... no less.

"The almond, Prunus amygdalus, is closely related to the peach, Prunus persica (also called Amygdalus persica), and likewise to the apricot, Prunus armeniaca. The almond nut is of two distinct types, the bitter and the sweet. The bitter almond contains a ferment, emulsin, which in the presence of water acts on the glucoside, amygdalin, and yields glucose, benzaldehyde and hydrocyanic acid. Amygdalin, of course, is present in the sweet almond, but not the ferment, emulsin. It is interesting to note that a cancer therapy, Laetrile, which has been discredited and banned by government authorities, is described as an extract from the apricot kernel, and is for the most part hydrocyanic acid. It has been hypothesized by the discoverer that this acid is destroyed in the body by normal cellular oxidative metabolism, but cancer cells, functioning without oxidative mechanisms, are unable to destroy the acid; thus they absorb it and are destroyed themselves....", William A. McGarey, M.D.

My translation:
    Almonds taken over a long period of time, in small doses may be very benefitical for your friend to prevent remission - but NOT as a cure. Hydrocyanic acid is an extremely deadly poison on it's own. The human digestive system seems to break this down, but Cancers cells may have difficulty doing so and are thus kept in remission after regular treatment.

As always... consult a Doctor about specific diets and by all means discuss Almonds with your Doctor too.

Hope your friend gets better.

• rekless
    rekless

It is interesting to note that a cancer therapy, Laetrile, which has been discredited and banned by government authorities, is described as an extract from the apricot kernel, and is for the most part hydrocyanic acid. It has been hypothesized by the discoverer that this acid is destroyed in the body by normal cellular oxidative metabolism, but cancer cells, functioning without oxidative mechanisms, are unable to destroy the acid; thus they absorb it and are destroyed themselves....", William A. McGarey, M.D.

My son had lymptic leaukemia, we took him to Mexico and gave him the Laetrile treatment . It was expensive and had no effect on his leaukimia. We walked into the doctors office it was filled with smoke from a big cigar she was smoking, and on her desk was a large pile of American money.

It would be best to use conventional treatment.If laetrile worked you can rest assured that the drug companies would have either bought the process out and shut it off and produced their own type of laetrile formular for the AMA to use in conjunction with the conventional treatment in chemo therapy.

don't have spell check or time to correct.

dan

• UpAndAtom
    UpAndAtom

Thanks for the input rekless... there's nothing like first hand knowledge. Sorry that you had to come by it in the manner that you did. Don't get me wrong, I wasn't suggesting alternative treatments be tried for cures. I'm all for sticking to the regular treaments and closely following the advice of Doctors.

As far as I am aware, the Almond advice pre-dates Laetrile by several decades... and only then, the Almonds are a preventative measure, not a cure. Apparently Almonds are helpful during the recovery phase as well.

PS. Sorry to hear about your Son rekless. I went back through your old posts and had a read.

• ExpandedMind
    ExpandedMind

Thank you Blondie, UpandAtom and Rekless for taking the time to respond... I really do appreciate it and will review each of your comments in detail. Then I will share with my friend.

Again... THANKS!!! <smile!>

• fairy
    fairy

my mother had stomach cancer, but not sure if its like the one you mention.

she found out 5 months before she died that she had cancer and she had secondary growths etc.....there wasnt really anything they could do for her. but she had 5 wonderful daughters who looked after her and tried to make her remaining time comfortable

• Share this

Google+
    Pinterest
    Reddit