JW answers 5 questions

by ignored_one 0 Replies latest jw friends

• ignored_one
    ignored_one

Sorry if this has been posted already.

http://www.thestate.com/mld/thestate/entertainment/8486114.htm

Posted on Fri, Apr. 23, 2004
    5 questions with Caroline Rebecca Block

Block is a Barnwell native who recently published ?My Sun Rises Over India: A Tribute to the Power of Love.? The novel is her second. 1. What inspired you to become an author?

It?s something I get from my grandmother, ?cause she was a great storyteller. She used to entertain her grandchildren and all the neighborhood kids. It was fascinating. I just have had that ability. I told stories to my nieces and my nephews and held their attention.

2. What is this book about?

It?s based on stories handed down through my own family that I?ve really taken and enlarged upon and used my own imagination. It?s sort of a fictionalization of my family history.

3. What can a reader learn from this book?

That the real riches in life are the love of our friends and family that we have around us.

4. What other activities do you enjoy in your free time ? besides writing?

We?re Jehovah?s Witnesses. I spend time teaching the Bible. Family is very important to us, as well as morals. I tried to present a book that any member of the family can read and enjoy. It?s a happy story.

5. If you had chosen another career path, what would it be?

I was always interested in the medical field and possibly forensics. I like to investigate things.

? Williesha Lakin

IF YOU GO

Caroline Rebecca Block book signing

What: Block will sign copies of her latest book, ?My Sun Rises Over India?

When: Noon to 4 p.m. May 8

Where: Norris and Segarra Ltd. Gallery and Gifts at 109-K Old Chapin Road, Lexington, in Shoppes of the Flightdeck

-

Ignored One.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit