Wyatt Earp cursing in the Watchtower!

by Amazing1914 8 Replies latest jw friends

• Amazing1914
    Amazing1914

You may find the following rather interesting, especially the last quote:

9/15/50 WT, P.336, ? Experiences in Announcing Jehovah?s Kingdom

?I see your Jehovah has you pretty well posted, but those names like Moses, Isaiah, and others you continually quote mean nothing to me. If I want to know anything I can write to the pope or even telephone him for information.? After a few more of such observations the minister of the gospel replied, ?You talk like the men Jesus spoke of in the 23rd chapter of Matthew.? ?God damn the 23rd chapter of Matthew,? was the priest?s reply.?M. E., Illinois.

3/1/70 WT, P.157 ? Youths, Do you respect Your parents?

? 20 When a young person curses his father or mother and asks God to damn them, is he not calling down evil upon them? He is asking God to condemn them to everlasting punishment.?

9/1/60 WT, P. 516 ? They Lie About the Dead

In their feeble attempt to prove that the dead are really dead, the Watchtower Society quotes Wyatt and Morgan Earp of Old West fame:

?What do they see? To deny that these persons see anything is to dismiss the testimony of reputable witnesses who have nothing to gain by falsifying at such a time. However, not all dying people see things. Morgan and Wyatt Earp, brothers of American frontier fame, promised each other that, when one or the other was about to die, that one would try to leave for the other the truth of what he saw. Wyatt dismissed such experiences as a lot of nonsense, while Morgan partly believed in them. When Morgan was in the last few seconds of his life, Wyatt says, he asked him to bend close. ?I guess you were right, Wyatt,? he whispered. ?I can?t see a damn? thing.? That is all he said before he died.?

Amen! Go Watchtower, you get em ... God damn!

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

There are also some in the bible.

Deut

23:2
    A bastard shall not enter into the congregation of the LORD; even to his tenth generation shall he not enter into the congregation of the LORD.
    1 Kings 14:10
    Therefore, behold, I will bring evil upon the house of Jeroboam, and will cut off from Jeroboam him that pisseth against the wall, and him that is shut up and left in Israel, and will take away the remnant of the house of Jeroboam, as a man taketh away dung, till it be all gone.
  • Amazing1914
    Amazing1914

Hey Cold,

Yep, that kind of stuff is in the Bible alraight ... but my stuff was cooler in that the Society used Wyatt Earp to prove that when we are dead, we are really dead!

• desib77
    desib77

Very funny....

Desi

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

The words "damn" and "bastard", when used in the Biblical sense, are not actually curse words. They have taken on curse status, because of the strength of feeling invoked by the original words, which have specific and useful definitions.

I am a little surprised by their inclusion by the Watchtower in direct quotations. I suspect that today, they would [euphemize] the words. I guess times were different back then.

• Double Edge
    Double Edge
    ?I can?t see a damn? thing.? That is all he said before he died.?
    that the Society used Wyatt Earp to prove that when we are dead, we are really dead!

LOL. That's hysterical.... as if that proves or disproves anything.

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Maybe they were watching "GONE WITH THE WIND",frankly my dear, I don't give a DAM!

• Amazing1914
    Amazing1914

Hey Blue,

frankly my dear, I don't give a DAM!

Just a note. DAM is something that blocks things like water, whereas DAMN is a curse.

• simplesally
    simplesally

Wyatt Earp was my great great grandmother's cousin. My Great grandma refused to talk about him telling us he was the black sheep of the family and we don't talk ill of people.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit