Comparing the "One True" Churches

by Dogpatch 6 Replies latest jw friends

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

This is a good read, but all the files are on linked pages, so you need to go to the site to read the rest, read it all at:

http://www.theholdemans.com/Compare.htm

Comparing the One True Churches

Leaving a "one true church" is traumatic, and the healing process is slow. No matter which "one true" church a person leaves, the expelled usually struggles with residual fear and legalism, shock, depression, and the shunning by family members. It is very helpful to learn that all "one true" churches operate virtually the same to gain and keep extreme control over the behavior, thoughts, and emotions of their members. Many of these groups listed were started by a single man who believed, often through dreams and visions, that he had been called to reform Christ's Church. All of the claims listed below are contrary to authentic Christianity. NOTE: There are differing ideas on what constitutes a cult, but it is generally recognized that a group can be considered aberrant or cultic for (1) claiming to be the only true church, (2) imposing the group's particular legalism as requirement for salvation, and (3) using intense indoctrination and control tactics (4) distorting major Christian doctrine. The Catholic church is listed here because of its one true church claim, but it does not fall into all of the other categories.

Net Soup!

http://www.freeminds.org

• gumby
    gumby

Intresting read Randy! Thanks.

This is a good read for those who are wondering WHY they still suffer after years of exiting the JW's. Perhaps these ones can see it's NORMAL to feel this way, which might ease their burden.

It is very helpful to learn that all "one true" churches operate virtually the same to gain and keep extreme control over the behavior, thoughts, and emotions of their members. Many of these groups listed were started by a single man who believed, often through dreams and visions, that he had been called to reform Christ's Church. All of the claims listed below are contrary to authentic Christianity. NOTE: There are differing ideas on what constitutes a cult, but it is generally recognized that a group can be considered aberrant or cultic for (1) claiming to be the only true church, (2) imposing the group's particular legalism as requirement for salvation, and (3) using intense indoctrination and control tactics (4) distorting major Christian doctrine. The Catholic church is listed here because of its one true church claim, but it does not fall into all of the other categories.

I have always wondered at WHAT POINT....the Organisation has had this mindset of wanting control over the minds and thoughts and behavior of it's members? Rutherford for sure, was a guilty one........but was Russell, Knorr, Franz, Jaracz?

Did they knowingly do these things......or simply believe they were simply in line with the bible and nobody else was? Did they purposely try to controll the masses without any biblical concerns?

As far as cults distorting major doctrine......we would have to believe doctrines such as hellfire would be included, as well as the trinity doctrine. If one who does not believe the "orthodox" view of these two doctrines......I would'nt classify them as a cult......although I realise this was a general statement.

Nice to hear from you my friend

Gumby

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

As always, good work, Randy!

• Fleur
    Fleur

Randy, the timing on this could not have been more perfect. You always come through just when I need you. I love you, old friend! You're still one of my heroes.

((((((((((((((Randy)))))))))))))))))

Essie

• Celtic
    Celtic

Aye, nice one for posting this and the link provided. It shows just how many of these cultic groups there really are and the damage collectively they wrought in individuals emotional lives. We're definitely not alone.

Africa though and being disfellowshipped must feel like something else, with no access to outside help through the internet etc, hmmmmmmm

Cheers!!

Mark

• Carmel
    Carmel

Most of Christianities contemporary central doctrins are distortions that took centuries to evolve so wouldn't all of Chistianity be defined as a cult?

carmel

• Ciara
    Ciara

A really great read!!! Thanks for the reference.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit