Partisan - Good or Bad?

by Amazing1914 4 Replies latest jw friends

• Amazing1914
    Amazing1914

Are you Partisan? And if so, does that make you an uneducated, narrow-minded, polarizing idiot? Can we test this theory?

1. Are you strongly in favor of vanilla or chockolate flavors or like both or don't care?

2. Do you have strong feelings about what colors you wear, or like all colors or it doesn't matter?

3. Do you support or oppose the Death penalty for some crimes, or does it make any difference?

4. Do you agree with Blair & UK fighting in Iraq, or should they leave, or you don't give a damn?

5. Do you support or oppose Watchtower policy on shielding pedophiles - or does it matter?

6. Do you vote Liberal, Conservative, the candidate or issues, or see voting as a big waste of time?

7. Does taking a stand mean you're a partisan idiot that should have your mouth taped shut?

OR ... is Partisan a label, like Apostate, which people use to avoid calm, honest, open debate because they are too damn lazy to use their brains beyond making stereo-typical labels?

Your thoughts ... open season here ... have at it.

• Cicatrix
    Cicatrix

Good question. I've just realized over the past couple of months that I'm a Pleaser. I have a hard time taking a stand on almost everything, because I don't like to make people mad at me.I've realized that this largely comes from being the designated peacemaker, fix everything role that I had in my family, and which to the consternation of my family, a role I've been backing out of (making my worst nightmare come true-nearly everyone of them is mad at me now, heehee).

But on some of the big issues, I am definitely Partisan. I knew I had to have the strength to leave the JWs when the Silent Lambs issue was brought to my attention. And I have distinct political views-I just don't like to discuss them very often, as it doesn't seem to do much good.I personally haven't met too many people who can have a calm, honest, debate

• galaxy7
    galaxy7

1> I like chocolate

2. I like all colours but prefer jeans

3. Death to pedophiles and murderers of children

4. Get out of Iraq in a few years it wont matter. like vietnam all the young soldiers deaths will be for nothing

5.The wathtower is pathetic. There should be a class action lawsuit against them. It matters

6. I vote liberal but does it really make a difference who you vote for?

7.Only the watchtower considers me an apostate. what label would you give a person that reads and believes the watchtower?

would they be considered too damn lazy to use their brains?

• FreeWilly
    FreeWilly

I see a lot of religious traits in those who are adamantly partison. A candidate, measure or issue is determined along party lines rather than its individual merit. Personally I think partisonship sends the wrong message to politicians (unless of course you DO aree with everything a party advocates). In America I pick and choose on issues. I distain the extremes of both the left and the right. For example, I initially supported George Bush. He appeared genuine and looking for 'our' best interests. But after seeing him destroy nearly all of the US international support by insisting on attacking Iraq so soon, and convincing (me for one) the US and much of the world that they knew of iminent threats of WMD, the blatant handouts to Bechtel, Haliburton etc. I now say he should go. I think party loyalists would have a hard time doing that.

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain
    1. Are you strongly in favor of vanilla or chockolate flavors or like both or don't care?

Neiter. They're both bland. Now sour apple, there's a flavor!

2. Do you have strong feelings about what colors you wear, or like all colors or it doesn't matter?

I'm gothic, what does that tell you?

3. Do you support or oppose the Death penalty for some crimes, or does it make any difference?

I support the DP only for seriously heinous crimes and serial murders. I don't support it for simple rapes, 2nd degree murders, etc. And even then, it should be used sparingly.

4. Do you agree with Blair & UK fighting in Iraq, or should they leave, or you don't give a damn?

I'm not British so I can't give a comment on that. But as an American, I'm glad to see that there's another country that's willing to give that tyrant the boot instead of worrying about what it's "Muslim neighbors" would think.

5. Do you support or oppose Watchtower policy on shielding pedophiles - or does it matter?

I'm here, what does that say?

6. Do you vote Liberal, Conservative, the candidate or issues, or see voting as a big waste of time?

I vote fiscally center right and socially center left and militarially hawkish.

7. Does taking a stand mean you're a partisan idiot that should have your mouth taped shut?

Depending on what you're standing for, yes.

OR ... is Partisan a label, like Apostate, which people use to avoid calm, honest, open debate because they are too damn lazy to use their brains beyond making stereo-typical labels?

At times, yes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit