High School Baseball, Babies, and Reflections

by LyinEyes 1 Replies latest jw friends

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

Yesterday was a beautiful day,,,,a nice breeze , just the right temperature, and the sun was shining so beautifully. It was the perfect day to watch my 17 yr old son play baseball, a double header at that. I sat quietly in the bleachers enjoying the day and watching the kids play ball, and also watching the people who were sitting down from me.

A lady had the sweetest little baby boy on her lap. He reminded me of my son.....my "little man" as I called Jake, my firstborn. The baby boy's hair was shining like gold cornsilk in the sunlight and his smile was big and not a tooth in his sweet little head. He had an older sister who I would say was about three, she was making faces at him and making this chubby little boy,,,,,roll with the sweetest sound I have ever heard..... that of a baby really laughing . I couldnt keep my eyes off these little kids, and the baby boy had me smiling and laughing , because he was so happy.

I remember the time my little man was just like that,,,,,,,and for those several moments I watched that baby,,,,I was back in time seventeen years ago, holding my little man , right there at that same high school baseball field.

Oh , how the time flys,,,,,,,, I wanted to go up to that lady and just tell her to treasure each and every moment she has when they are so little because in a flash they will be almost grown.

I hear our boys in the baseball field rejoice over someone out in center field. As I am brought back to the reality of the here and now,,,,,,, I find my "little man",,,,,,,,,out in center field.

He is now almost a man,,,,,,,but he will always be my "sunshine" , my "little man". Even thou his hair is darker now, when he takes off his baseball hat,,,,,the sun still shines on his hair,and it still glistens as it did all those years ago.

It's funny how you can sit outside and really get lost in memories and how clear your mind can be on days like yesterday. A day of small town baseball, cheers, sounds of a cracking bat, beautiful little baby boys , and realizing that you love the boy out in centerfield even more than you did when he was just a sweet little baby.

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

LE - God I love baseball and parents who love to watch their boys play it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit