Some pioneers are being invited back to Pioneer School re Illuminators Book

by truthseeker 5 Replies latest jw friends

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Last year, the Society confirmed that they were releasing an updated version of the Shining As Illuminators book. This book is the manual used in the Pioneer School and is about the same size as the Revelation book and has a light blue cover.

On the congregation noticeboard, a letter is posted listing names of persons who previously attended pioneer school, and are now being asked to go back to another pioneer school to consider this newly revised book.

What is so special about this book that it requires previous Pioneer School Graduates to go back to class?

Does anyone know anything about this book? I have seen the old 1977 version, consisting of units and unit questions. This book is usually covered in 2 weeks, about the length of the Pioneer School.

While on the subject, have any of you here had experiences of attending this school? Were you told NOT to show this book to publishers? And did you 'class' mates sign the book on graduation day?

• MicStroz
    MicStroz

I was a pioneer for 5 years, my wife and I attended the class together.

I wonder if they will invite us back.........hmm............no I don't think so

• Euphemism
    Euphemism

Yep, we did the sign-the-book-on-the-last-day-of-class thing... we were never told not to show the book to publishers, however. But I've heard of others who were told that.

I'd be curious if anyone can get hold of the new book and tell us if there are any major changes! I can't imagine there are though, considering how long the Watchtower's been on auto-pilot.

• simplesally
    simplesally

I went to Pioneer School in 93...........new book, it was only new in the fact that some doctrinal changes had been made and the references were updated since the last book was in 1977. So this is the 3rd book they are releasing. We, too, were told not share our books. The reason given was that our answers were personal. It is really a book of questions that cite references from which one would answer. All the information contained in the book can be found in the WT pubs, its just condensed to fit certain subjects.

• willyloman
    willyloman

Y'all know there's nothing in the Pio book that isn't already printed elsewhere. Otherwise, SISTERS would have access to privileged info (aaaaghhh!) and that, as we all know, ain't gonna happen in this organization.

• Gopher
    Gopher
    What is so special about this book that it requires previous Pioneer School Graduates to go back to class?

Guessing from the modus operandi of the Society -- it's probably a ploy to give a little "pep talk" to the pioneers, many of whom maybe tiring out because of the notable lack of results they're having. It's something made to look "special" but there's really no substance there.

This reminds me of the annual "special" talks given the Sunday following the Memorial, and the "special" one-day circuit assemblies. Nothing special, just the same old gruel.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit