"IN ORDER THAT NONE MAY HONOR...

by somebody 6 Replies latest watchtower bible

• somebody
    somebody

THE SON JUST AS THEY HONOR THE FATHER" Just my thoughts this week that I wanted to share..... October 15,1971 Watchtower p. 627 ***Are the Churches Leading the Nations into Collision with God?*** "MAINLY, what the people believe about God they have learned from the churches, or from what church leaders have said or done. But have they really learned the truth about God? Or have they received a distorted picture? If one reads about God purely from the Bible, does its portrayal of God collide with what the churches teach and do?" Here is what I read about God purely from the Bible: John 5:22-23 22 For the Father judges no one at all, but he has committed all the judging to the Son, 23 in order that all may honor the Son just as they honor the Father. He that does not honor the Son does not honor the Father who sent him. Here is what I read taught by the church leaders of the Jehovah's Witnesses: 10/1/00 Watchtower... Study?Rewarding and Enjoyable "12 To comprehend such ?deep things of God,? it is necessary to study prayerfully and reflect on his Word. For example, fine material has been published that shows how Jehovah can at once be just and merciful. His exercising of mercy is not a watering down of his justice; rather, divine mercy is an expression of God?s justice as well as his love. When judging a sinner, Jehovah first determines whether it is possible to show mercy on the basis of his Son?s ransom sacrifice. If the sinner is unrepentant or rebellious, God allows justice to take its course without unwarranted mercy. Either way, he is faithful to his elevated principles. (Romans 3:21-26) ?O the depth of God?s wisdom!??Romans 11:33." And here is something else I read by the church leaders of Jehovah's Witnesses regarding ALL MAY honor the Son JUST AS they honor the Father: *** re chap. 7 Rekindle That First Love! *** [Box on page 36] Loving Praise to Jehovah and His Son " In the songbook produced by Jehovah?s people in 1905, there were twice as many songs praising Jesus as there were songs praising Jehovah God. In their 1928 songbook, the number of songs extolling Jesus was about the same as the number extolling Jehovah. But in the latest songbook of 1984, Jehovah is honored by four times as many songs as is Jesus. This is in harmony with Jesus? own words: ?The Father is greater than I am.? (John 14:28) " Seems to me that the leaders of the JWs have taken away what God committed to his Son IN ORDER THAT ALL JWs do not honor the Son JUST AS they honor the Father. And here is what I learned from the Church leaders of Jehovah's Witnesses, stating the truth about where everything a Jehovah's Witness learns comes from: *** km 4/93 p. 3 ?To the House of Jehovah Let Us Go? *** "3 Direct Interest to the Organization: From our initial contact with interested persons, we should be directing their attention to the organization. While we may be able personally to locate scriptures and explain fundamental doctrines, we are not the source of such knowledge. Everything we have learned has come from the organization,.." Jehovah's Witnesses cannot honestly say that everything they have learned is purely from them reading the Bible, can they? And they also can't honestly say that they don't have human leaders, can they? Is Christ directing "the organization" to ignore that the Father judges no one at all, but committed ALL THE JUDGING to the SON in order that nobody honors the Son just as they do the Father? peace, somebody P.S. And where is MacHislopp ? Anyone heard from him? I miss his topics!

• blondie
    blondie

Good quotes, somebody. I'm saving them to my special file.

Yes, I miss that JC MacHislopp. Where are you?

Blondie

• Flash
    Flash
    John 5:22-23 23 in order that all may honor the Son just as they honor the Father

A GREAT read Somebody! I've been thinking a lot on this lately and believe Jesus has not been recieving the honor God has decreed for Him.

• Gopher
    Gopher

It seems that they use "Jehovah" and "Jesus" almost interchangeably when talking about who'll judge people and who'll come to destroy the wicked.

Then they fall back on this idea: Jesus interacts with mankind as Jehovah's "representative". Therefore, anything that Jesus does, Jehovah does by proxy. And if they say Jehovah does it, they might be implying that Jesus really does it but it was under Jehovah's direction so Jehovah gets the credit.

Whatever. It almost makes the Trinity sound simple by comparison.

• Sam Beli
    Sam Beli

John 5:22-23

For the Father judges no one at all , but he has committed all the judging to the Son

Ah, those confusing scriptures. This matter was touched on during a Tuesday Book Study that I was conducting (many years ago) in the presence of the CO. After official adjournment of the meeting, the CO asked me "who does the judging" and I answered "Jesus." He spent some time reaming me about my answer. He wanted to hear me answer "Jehovah." Quoting scripture was no defense in his opinion, or else he just enjoyed reaming me.

• Gopher
    Gopher
    the CO asked me "who does the judging" and I answered "Jesus." He spent some time reaming me about my answer.

CO's often had strange personal viewpoints on things, and little tolerance for other views. I think the combination of rigorous travel along with constant adulation made them that way (and still does).

• OHappyDay
    OHappyDay

Rutheford started the whole mess when he named his group of Bible Students, "Jehovah's Witnesses."

I guess he never read Acts 1:8, where it says Christians are to be Jesus' witnesses.

Just gimme that Old Testament religion......

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit