Bush Admin Officials Admit that Press Conference Was Rigged RE: MAR '03

by WhyNow2000 9 Replies latest social current

• WhyNow2000
    WhyNow2000

The comment is in regards to March 2003 Press Conference.

Communications director Dan Bartlett said this White House uses news conferences more sparingly than other types of presidential events, because "if you have a message you're trying to deliver, a news conference can go in a different direction."

"In this case, we know what the questions are going to be, and those are the ones we want to answer," Bartlett said. "We think the public will see the thought and care and attention he's given to a lot of the different questions that are being asked about the diplomatic side and the military side and the potential post-Iraq issue. These are all legitimate questions that he has answers for and wants to talk about."

Would today's Press Conference be "Sripted"?

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

"In this case, we know what the questions are going to be, and those are the ones we want to answer

Like, .... what administration in the past 70 years hasn't done that..... ?

• blacksheep
    blacksheep

So, the significance of this is??? People have questions. And yes, we DO know the questions. I think the lib media has made them very clear. Some of them are assinine, such as the Ashcroft flight avoidance conspiracy therory, to those which have a big more substance.

What, exactly, are you objecting to? That's Bush is attempting to communicate and answer questions that have been circulating for a while now?

• Simon
    Simon

One of the things that amazes us is how controlled and 'respectful' the US media is. They ask a pre-approved question and even then, if they don't get a decent answer (ie. Mr President makes a glib comment) then that's it, no pressing the point.

Our press interviews of politicians (and in parliment itself) is much more like the Condoleeza Rice interview at the hearing - they ask and ask and demand answers. That is what politicians are supposed to do - answer and be accountable TO US.

One of the reasons many people (me included) dislike Blair is that he's trying to make things more US-style where they manipulate the media, arrange the questions and generally make sure they are not embarassed by someone asking a question they can't answer.

• zugzwang
    zugzwang

I was a bit surprised that Bush chose to answer a question from the reporter from National Public Radio. NPR is a left wing organization and it was kind of shocking to see the prez put himself out there like that knowing that the question was going to be more direct than what he might get from one of the network drones. That was either courageous or stupid on his part.

• blacksheep
    blacksheep

Just because the reporters were "polite," something they should certainly be in such a forum, doesn't mean the questions they asked were soft-pedaled. I found it to be quite the opposite. Suggesting that the president issue an apology, referencing comments about Iraq being a Bush Vietnam...

The questions were pointed and not candy-coated. Because reporters didn't have an obvious "in-your-face" stance merely demonstrates the basic civility in attempting to hear from the president. Needless overdramatization it NOT necessary, and indeed detracts from the message. If people want to see a heavy handed drama, they can go to a movie.

• amicus
    amicus

Hrmmm, altough King Georges voice upsets my digestional tract (I've always hated liars), I found his most recent press conference to be somewhat comical. What intelligent person can listen to his rehersed lies and not know that they were premeditated and...umm...(searching for the word) silly,unbelievable, criminal, foolish,....any help?

Fill in the blank for adjective to describe this murderous current US President....

• WhyNow2000
    WhyNow2000

Am I to gather that you don't like the president?

• blacksheep
    blacksheep

Hrmmm, altough King Georges voice upsets my digestional tract (I've always hated liars), I found his most recent press conference to be somewhat comical. What intelligent person can listen to his rehersed lies and not know that they were premeditated and...umm...(searching for the word) silly,unbelievable, criminal, foolish,....any help?

Fill in the blank for adjective to describe this murderous current US President.... Whoa...what an intelligent, inciteful analysis. Kick back and have another....whatever your particular poison(s) is...

• Ianone
    Ianone

Bush = Luciferean twit

Bush = Masonic member of the Order of Skull and Bones, 322 Death Club

Bush = member of Bohemian Grove, worships Molech, canaanite deity

Bush = the real terrorist

Bush = his grandfather funded the nazis...Prescott Bush funded Nazi germany though a jewish wall street firm called "Brown Brothers Harriman"

Bush = treasonous, traitorous scum

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit