Who said?

by MicStroz 6 Replies latest jw friends

• MicStroz
    MicStroz

"Why would a man with strength and vigor tie himself down to a hank of hair and a bag of bones!"

Clue - Children of the Kingdom 1941

• blondie
    blondie

JF Rutherford

• MicStroz
    MicStroz

Do you know who the hair and bones are.....?

I have the talk on cassette tape and believe it

is a copy of the records that were used.

Till this day, I still have to sit back and laugh when

I listen to it.

• Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing

Was he talking about marriage????

• MicStroz
    MicStroz

Yep! Why would a young man tie himself to a sister when the

lord's work was at hand....... I always wonder how the

sisters took it back then.

• gumby
    gumby
    Children of the Kingdom 1941

Dead give-away. Not untill about 1945 did F.Franz begin writing. This was the work of a beligerant alcoholic. In 1941 most sisters already were thought of as a slave for man.....it didn't phase them back then as it would now. Marriage was discouraged and so was having babies.....and the sisters complied! I think were da judge to speak this way today........many sisters would tell the drunk bastard to piss off!

Gumby

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

I CAN RECALL MY MOTHER TELLING OTHERS OF THE DRUNKEN LAWYER, SAYING THIS.

SHE LAUGHED AT THIS AND THOUGHT IT WAS AMUSING. AS A SIX YEAR OLD BOY, I FELT A TOUCH OF ANGER THAT HE WOULD SAY THIS. I FELT HE WAS SAYING THIS ABOUT MY MOM.

YET MY MOM TOOK IT AS TRUTH AND WAS NOT DISTURBED IN THE LEAST. SHE TOLD ME IN SO MANY WORDS, THAT HE WAS SPECIAL AND SHE BELIEVED AND ACCEPTED WHAT EVER HE HAD TO SAY.

I THINK THAT WAS THE BEGINNING OF MY INDOCTRINATION INTO THE CULT.

ALSO THE START OF MY COGNITIVE DISSONANCE AND MY SUBTLE ANGER THAT GREW SLOWLY OVER THE YEARS. AS I FORCED MY MIND TO ACCEPT THIS CRAP AS BEING GODS WORD.

WHAT A MESS.

Outoftheorg

PS--- IF MY MEMORY SERVES ME CORRECTLY, THIS WAS AT THE SAME ASSEMBLY WHERE I WALKED DOWN FROM OUR SEATS AND WAS HANDED A FREE COPY OF THE "CHILDRENS" BOOK.

COULD BE WRONG. IT WAS A LONG TIME AGO.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit