Do they keep records of us?

by gspradling 3 Replies latest jw friends

• gspradling
    gspradling

Hi All,

How long do you have to be inactive before they take you off their records? I have been out for 30 odd years and have not heard a word from them for many years. My Mom is still very active (but in a different cong. and state), but acts as if I was never a member around other jws. Is she still worried that I will be d/f? She does not know that I read apostate literature or lurk here. Would that make a difference to her or her friends? Gene Spradling

• English Patient
    English Patient

You can request all information they keep on you back under the data protection act

If they refuse, they are braking the law.

But I strongly doubt they will have you on file after so many years away.

• Nadsam
    Nadsam

Each congregation keeps a record of all dubs and exdubs that were publishers in that cong. at one time or another. If you are df'd and want to be reinstated in another congregation for example, the current PO of your old cong. will be contacted for your record. If the congregation is close by those elders that were previously on the JC will most likely come over and be part of the reinstatement committee.

Even if you request your records it doesn't help because all JC's info are sent to the local bethel and then onto Brooklyn. ...this I know for a fact because one of my Family members was df'd here in SA and the cong. she settled in in the USA (she moved there) requested the files. I at one time was the "file keeper"...but being a good JW then didn't read through all the info. From what I've learn't about the Silent Lambs cases since then I wish I had ! Perhaps I could have been a whistleblower !

Once you've been baptized as a JW its almost impossible to erase the evidence of it. Sorry for the bad news.

Nadsam

[email protected]

• gspradling
    gspradling

Thank you for the replies. I have never been disfellowshipped to my knowledge. Since we moved to Indiana after I decided to fade away, I don't believe anyone here has any idea I was ever a jw anyway. (except my family). It just bothers me that somewhere in Louisana I might still be on their files. I would like that part of my life erased.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit