Shocker

by exjdub 5 Replies latest jw experiences

• exjdub
    exjdub

When I left the Org I tried to find websites that revealed some of the things that I have learned recently on this website and others that are referenced here. However, I found that it made it worse to read or talk about anything pertaining to JW's in the beginning. It took a few years of healing (thank God for dogs, they are the master healers) and working through very strong feelings (which was difficult given that both my wife and I still have family in the Org) but I finally came out the other end stronger and more confident.

Fast forward to a few days ago when I found this board. For some unknown reason I was curious and felt like doing a google search for Ex JW's. I am glad that I did because everyone has been very friendly and have welcomed me.

Now, all that being said...please forgive me for my extreme ignorance. I learned of the NGO stuff just a day ago. I know, I know, it has been going on for a few years now, but like I said, I needed to get away from things for a while. Although it shouldn't shock me, it does. Not because it happened, I saw enough crap behind closed doors when I was an MS that convinced me of lying and deceit, but because of the blatant hypocrisy that just burns my a**. I remember growing up in New Hampshire when the only thing to do in the wintertime was play basketball. And guess what the only available gym was in NH? That's right...The YM frickin' CA. I don't have to tell all of you what that meant. If I wanted to play basketball there, it meant that I was part of Christendom and could not join. Why, that was "extreme disloyalty to Jehovah." So the explanation for the NGO membership is a library card?????? Well, my friends, my reply is: Even if that is true, which I don't believe for a millisecond, it still is touching the Wild Beast and is extreme disloyalty to Jehovah! More than any other issue that the Society stood for, I think that the issue of Christendom prostituting herself with the Wild Beast and JW seperateness was probably the bedrock of the "Truth" "Lie." So the shocker isn't the hypocrisy so much, because that exists on so many levels with the Org, it is that the NGO is such a stupid issue to get hung for. I mean, is that not the stupidest thing to get hung for? Funny how things get revealed.

I went on the UN site and printed off the letter referencing the matter with the Society and called my mom, who has been inactive for about 5 years, but still had feelings that perhaps the GB were still the Faithful And Discreet Slave and that she had been taught the truth. Well, I think I put a major dent in that feeling. I did feel bad because my mom has had the feeling that she wasted many years of her life (since the 1950's) and it was hard for her to accept that the Society's hypocrisy was played out on such a huge and obvious issue. She has seen a lot of issues on a local level over the years with bad elders, wolves, etc. etc., but never on a worldwide scale such as this issue. It shook her...

Shocker Number 2

After I left NH, imagine my surprise when we turned on Dateline and saw Paul Berry! I knew Paul, although not well, and we used to see Paul and his family in Nashua back when Holly was little. Imagine my shock when she was on the screen with her face tattoo'd. Tragic. The funny thing is that Paul was being groomed to be a Servant when he was in the Wilton Cong. His best friend was an elder who was eventually removed, along with the rest of the Body (with the exception of one elder) by a Special Committee. Just about every one of his "character" witnesses, that were elders, were removed (they no doubt are serving again) and were replaced with a temporary Body. All of his character witnesses are a joke. I know Wilton, NH well. It was, and is, a sick, sick Cong.

Well, that's my 2 cents!

• Gopher
    Gopher

It's great to have places like this to get facts. As long as a person is under the hypotic effect of the JW religion, the WT Society tries to (and often succeeds) in controlling access to facts about their past and present scandals, like the UN/NGO affiliation and the shielding of molestors.

Once we come out, the facts that we learn make us SO GLAD that we're out of that publishing organization masquerading as a religion. It's so good not to be living under the spell of a society whose leadership is full of liars and guys covering their tush.

• little witch
    little witch

Hi and welcome, Exjdub

About that library card thing...Please see my current post WTS APPEARS WITH UN AND OTHERS

The aliance with the UN was anything but silly. They joined as an NGO to affect POLITICAL CHANGE in many European countries. They were quite bold in fighting for their rights to enter hostile countries and succeded by political moves.

Please go check out that post, and click on the links to see the official documents of the WTS appearances.

It is very enlightening, and once again proves the tower lies to it's members!

• boa
    boa

WELCOME exjdub!

Yes, a shocker indeed when you find out about the Faithless and Indescrete Slave Ruling Class Handful of Old Guys.

I'm facing UN NGO situation with a jw relative right now. I am sending the UN NGO info even though he probably doesn't really want to hear it as he already is qualifying what kind of 'support' it was that the WTS gave in the mags to the UN. I repeatedly said it to him that the articles themselves weren't the main problem but rather it was being an attached NGO to the UN. Also, he thinks if it was just for a library card, then its no problem - sigh. Anyway, I then said surely the research facilities available from other libraries in New York are sufficient and actually this produced a minor pause with a 'good point' from him.

Anyway, great to see you here - this site (my first one of this nature) is a real lifeline for me right now that's for sure.

boa

ps, here is the link to the thread little witch is doing refered to above everyone....

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/11/69877/1.ashx

• Swan
    Swan

Welcome Exjdub!

The UN NGO thing knock me for a loop as well, and I had been out of the org for 8 and a half years when I found out. It was such a shocker, especially when back in the third grade I was forbidden to contribute spare change to UNICEF to help children in Africa. Hours and hours of mind-numbing book study with whatever 400 page Fred Franz book we were studying at the time had succeeded in burning the association of the UN as the wild beast into my young brain. This new generation running the WTBTS seemed to be able to set that all aside because it no longer suited their purposes.

Tammy

• Nadsam
    Nadsam

WELCOME exjdub

Besides the UN scandal, they use many, many, many quotes from Christendom's literature in their publications. While you're a one of them you easily rationalize it as expert information/food at the proper time..its only once your mind has been cleared that you see in comparison to many "Last Days" cults truly how unoriginal their teachings are and how similar they are to many other cults.

So besides the "Seven headed beast" being their pal...so is the "whore of babylon".

Nadsam

[email protected]

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit