Just for fun, let?s speculate

by Jahna 9 Replies latest jw friends

• Jahna
    Jahna

My husband saw a trailer for the Shroud of Turin a few days back and came up with this one.

If we could test the DNA of Jesus, what would we find?

Remember, we are a product of both our mother and father?s DNA. Medically this is a conundrum.

Jahna

• FMZ
    FMZ

Umm... good question... I think the DNA nucleus would be surrounded by not only protons and neutrons, but also God-trons. These God-trons would build up a charge in his body, and when he touched someone, much like a static shock... the person he touched would pick up his extra charge of God-trons and BAM... ya got a miracle. When he ascended back to heaven, all his protons and neutrons were gone, but he still had those good ol' Godtrons, thats why he could get out of his cave and fly and stuff.

FMZ

• Mulan
    Mulan

..................what if he was the son of Mary and Joseph, or some other couple?

• simplesally
    simplesally

Read Genesis Code..........it surmises something really neat.

• franklin J
    franklin J

from a purely agnostic perspective....

assuming that there really was a charasmatic man from the first century AD named Jesus, and he really was the son of a woman named Mary and a man Joseph...and this shroud was really used to wrap his body and had some remains ( and is not the 12th century fake some are claiming)....there would be some DNA evidence. That leaves the speculation as to whether or not this person was the Divinity that Christian religions claim.

• dh
    dh

it's alright, it's alright, it's allllright, he moves in mysterious ways.

okay enough of the u2 lyrics, good question, but i have no idea what the answer is.

one could speculate... mary had a little lamb.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

What if Mary lied about being a virgin? Maybe... JUUUUST maybe she made up a BS story about gawd getting her pregnant so that she would not be stoned to death under Hebrew law.

What is sad is ol' Joseph bought it hook-line-and-sinker. I can tell you right now, he wasn't the sharp one in the house. Poor man probably went through his life henpecked by Mary... always fighting the questions in the back of his mind as to who really knocked up Mary.

• Double Edge
    Double Edge
    what if he was the son of Mary and Joseph, or some other couple?

well, since Mary and Joseph were cousins, they would share similar DNA.

What is sad is ol' Joseph bought it hook-line-and-sinker. I can tell you right now, he wasn't the sharp one in the house. Poor man probably went through his life henpecked by Mary... always fighting the questions in the back of his mind as to who really knocked up Mary.

If Joseph did always have that question mulling around in his mind, I think it would have been answered when Jesus turned the water into wine, or at least when he healed a blind man. Somehow I don't think Joseph was around during Jesus ministry.... to bad, that would have brought another dimension to the story.

• gaiagirl
    gaiagirl

Of course, we must remember that Jesus wasn't around when those stories about his miracles were written...he probably would have said "I did WHAT!!!!???" upon reading some of the actions attributed to him by writers 25-65 years after he died.

Then he would have slapped those guys silly for making up such stuff.

• Flash
    Flash
    If we could test the DNA of Jesus, what would we find?

Interesting question. I would like to see a side by side comparison of our DNA and Jesus's

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit