silentlambs article in our local paper

by azaria 2 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• azaria
    azaria

Tonight I called my husband. He asked if I had seen the article on the JW's. The fact that he would notice it is a good sign. The only connection he has to this org is that his mother-in-law is one. It doesn't interest him in the least. Hopefully a lot of people will read it. As the article stated, the problem within the JW org is much more heinous than other religions like the Catholic Church. No Catholic parishioner has been penalized for raising complaints against the church or members compared to JW's whose fate is possible disfellowship and losing family relationships. It is stated in the bible that if someone does a wrong against you, you're to go to that person. If he listens, you have won him over. If he doesn't listen you then go to the leaders within the church. (I realize that in the case of child abuse the child would have to have a representative such as a parent to stand up for him) In the JW org when someone is disfellowshipped for a sin are there always two witnesses in other cases or just in the case of child abuse? This is such an evil crime. They may be able to cover it up within the org, but do they not think that God sees what they are doing, not just the perpetrators but the others who help to cover it up.

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride

The JW's who read this article will either defend the Society or they will break down and see the faults. It sounds like your husband sees the problems within the Society and hopefully this will help break him.

Devon

• a wee scots lass
    a wee scots lass

So glad to hear articles like this are still being printed. We had a programme on here in Scotland with regards to the cover up of child abuse within the congregation about a year ago. The one thing that my mum, who is still a witness, questioned when she saw the programme was why the bethel lawyers did not give a statement as to whether a list of suspected or confirmed paedophiles existed or not, and to give a statement of their child protection policies. She knew enough about bethel and the society to know that they have first-rate lawyers who could have dealt with this situation had no list existed. The fact that they have pussy footed around it makes it so obvious that they have a list that they are just unwilling to hand over.

When will the egotistical people who run this organisation realise that they must allow the proper authorities do their job in brining these sick people to justice. It is time they handed over the list of paedophiles they so obviously have!

Kind Regards

Scots Lass

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit