Hot Cross Buns

by barry 9 Replies latest jw friends

• barry
    barry

As it is that time of the year, hot cross buns, easter eggs, bunny rabbits etc. What is the WT teaching on this.?

• Corvin
    Corvin

Hot Cross Buns are demonized . . . according to my Aunt fanatical JW Esther. lol

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

WTS position: It's all part of Astarte (Easter) worship, hence pagan in origin.

Personally, I love hot-cross buns, warm from the oven, with butter - mmmmmm

• yxl1
    yxl1

They're allowed to consume them AFTER easter. Maybe the demons evaporate out of the buns after the easter hols.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

The truth is that those things have nothing to do with Jesus' death and resurrection, and on that the WTS is right.

However.........................who doesn't like eating Hot X buns?

Isn't it great to have the freedom to choose....to eat or not to eat, that is the question.

• badboy
    badboy

Is Easter the same as Astarte?

• franklin J
    franklin J

Pagan origins......

Lets all celebrate!

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu
    As it is that time of the year, hot cross buns, easter eggs, bunny rabbits etc. What is the WT teaching on this.?

EVIL! EVIL! EVIL! EVIL! EVIL! EVIL! EVIL! EVIL! EVIL! EVIL! EVIL! EVIL! EVIL! EVIL! EVIL! EVIL! EVIL! EVIL! EVIL! EVIL! EVIL! EVIL! EVIL! EVIL! EVIL! EVIL! EVIL! EVIL!

• maxwell
    maxwell

I never knew Hot Cross Buns were related to Easter until a few years ago. When I was taking piano lessons, one of the song I played was "Hot Cross Buns". My parents never said anything about it.

• ignorance is strength
    ignorance is strength

I think Hot Cross Buns are made for Good Friday (not part of Easter but the Triduum). Sort of a fast from meat and other stuff.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit