History of JW's

by bjd4jc 7 Replies latest jw friends

• bjd4jc
    bjd4jc

Hello-

I've been doing some research on the JW organization lately and I have found something that I think is very interesting and that everyone ought to think about. In studying, I have read (in a few different sources) that Charles Russel (sp?) founded the organization out of rebellion. To my understanding he grew up in a Congregationalist church which is very strict on the doctrine of Hell. Over time he decided that he didn't like this doctrine as well as a few others and thought that he would come up with his own answers.

To me, this says that he was living a lifestyle of SIN and did not want to give it up so he decided that "there wasn't hell" and that God would not punnish him for his sin. He needed HIS OWN way of escaping his concious because of his prideful rebellion. He did not want to submit to God's laws, so he made up his own laws and they are now "enforced" by the organization known as the Jehovah's Witnesses. I don't know about anyone else, but I personally don't want to follow something that was birthed out of rebellion. The Bible talks about rebellion being as witchcraft.

As for the topic of Hell. Jesus talked more about hell then what he ever talked any other part of the afterlife. And to write these teachings off as "just parables" is to say that Jesus didn't teach the truth. You can look at it from one of two points. Either 1)What Jesus said wasn't really true and therefore he is a liar or 2)What Jesus said is true and there really is a literal Hell. Either there was a rich man and Lazarus or there wasn't and I choose to believe that because Jesus said "There was" that he really meant that There Was. The Bible says that it is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of a living God so if there wasn't a Hell and we would just be eternally anihilated what would there be to fear? Think about it aside from your watchtower magazine. Research FOR YOURSELF the history of the JW organization. Find out that the VP of the organization openly admitted on the stand - under oath I might add, that they were trying to promote "unity within the body" rather than have everyone know and understand the real truth. Research it outside of the WTBS and you'll see what I am saying is true. Think outside of your little box that they have put you in. Read up on these things. Why all of the sudden in the 1800 would God choose to reveal a "new truth". Before Jesus came, it was predicted centuries before. Nothing in the Bible points to a time after Christ where we would come to understand a "new truth". Christ revealed all that we need when he was on this earth. What was so special about Russel and the following 'leaders' that they could have this truth and authority? NOTHING!!!

Thanks for reading and I hope that you will read FOR YOURSELF

Brian

• JanH
    JanH
    To me, this says that he was living a lifestyle of SIN and did not want to give it up so he decided that "there wasn't hell" and that God would not punnish him for his sin.

Rubbish.

You don't have to be a Jew to object to gassing of Jews.

- Jan
    --
    Faith, n. Belief without evidence in what is told by one who speaks without knowledge, of things without parallel. [Ambrose Bierce, The Devil´s Dictionary, 1911]

• Scorpion
    Scorpion

bjd4jc,

I have just the forum for you.

>> http://network54.com/Hide/Forum/89087

Save your posts. The moderator has an itchy edit finger.

Have fun!

• hippikon
    hippikon

bjd4jcm = Fool

• bjd4jc
    bjd4jc

hippikon-

Why is it that you say I am a fool? If you are not researching things for yourself I would say that YOU are the fool by blindly believing what some organization tells you. That to me is foolishness as well as ignorance.

Brian

• hippikon
    hippikon

Do you have any evidence of this besides what is written in “Da Book”

If “Da Book” is discredited, what have you got – Nothing

(And I’m talking about “Hell” not the WBTS. Prove your first assumption then you may have a basis for others)

Think outside of your little box that they have put you in.

Good point – Why don’t you follow your own advice

But I don’t think you will be back with anything of substance.

• larc
    larc

Brian,

The reason that Jan H posted your quote and said it was rubbish and someone else called you a fool is because your analysis is superficial. Folks here have a very good understanding of Russell, his history and his personality. Your assertions simply don't jive with the evidence. I would write more detail, but I'm not in the mood to write a treatis disproving a shoot from the hip conclusion like yours. Do some solid research so you understand the nature of the man.

• bjd4jc
    bjd4jc

larc-

Where exactly have you come to this understanding of Russell? The watchtower or other sources?

hippikon-

What exactly are you referring to as "Da Book". I believe this is the first mention of this term on this posting.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit