Yeartext for 2004 - Need reference source...

by Cameron 6 Replies latest jw friends

• Cameron
    Cameron

Can anyone tell me the reference where the following statement occurs?

"God's Word reminds us that Jehovah's day will arrive with shocking suddenness. Hence, our yeartext for 2004 reflects Jesus' deep love for his disciples, whom he wants to preserve through " the great tribulation." (Rev. 7:14 ) How do we remain spiritually watchful and ready? By allowing nothing to distract us from our study of God's Word and from our privileges of sacred service."

Don

• Gopher
    Gopher

Maybe they mean Luke 21:34-35

But pay attention to yourselves that your hearts never become weighed down with heavy drinking and anxieties of life, and suddenly that day be instantly upon you as a snare. For it will come in upon all those dwelling on the face of the earth.
  • English Patient
    English Patient

Hi Don.

What is that book in your avatar? It looks interesting.

• Cameron
    Cameron

I need the reference in the Soiciety's literature (not the Bibe) where the statement is located.

Don

• Cameron
    Cameron

Hello English Patient,

About the book...

About The Book

"You?ll never get sick. You will never grow old. And you will never die."

"Although the above words come from the movie "Cocoon," they could have come from the Watchtower Society because this is exactly what they have been proclaiming for years as part of "the Creator?s promise of a peaceful and secure new world that is about to replace the present wicked, lawless system of things."* This very appealing prospect attracts many people to begin to study the Bible with Jehovah?s Witnesses. It then sustains them as they eagerly wait for the fulfillment of this promise.

But during the course of their study they imperceptibly get drawn into an illusionary concept involving the Watchtower organization that gradually takes over their decision-making process and even their conscience without them realizing it. It happens because of a mistake that everyone makes before they decide to become a Jehovah?s Witness.

Captives of a Concept

identifies both the concept and the mistake that causes people to become captives of it. The book also offers a few suggestions about how to go about helping Jehovah?s Witnesses teach themselves the truth about their religion."

* See the masthead page of the Awake! Magazine

The book is going to the publisher this week. (Formerly "1st Books Library" - Now "AuthorHouse") If you would like to see the "Foreword" let me know.

• 4JWY
    4JWY

Cameron,

Thank you for the book info. It is next on my list after I return the current 14 I have checked out from the library!

4JWY

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Cameron,its in the 2004 yearbook page 3

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit