Memorial - those who go, how many will talk about attendance figures?

by truthseeker 5 Replies latest jw friends

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

For those of you who do go to tonights show, how many of you expect to hear people talking about "beating last years record"?

When I went, it seemed that if we got 300 over in attendance, then it was a success. I think most congregations of 125+ seem to aim for the 300 number.

See how much of the talk centers around Jehovah instead of Jesus. Prepare for the "and friends we have additional meetings during the week, a Book study on Tuesday tonight at 7pm, a service meeting on Thursday at 7:30pm, a Theocratic Ministry school meeting at 8:15pm, and a Public talk meeting on Sunday at 9:30am, and a Watchtower study at 10:20am."

Then see how all those interested ones react to the "love bombing"

Truthseeker

• LukeN
    LukeN

sigh i have to go ill report to you when i back. thank budda its only an hour

• El blanko
    El blanko

I went tonight with a disfellowshipped brother who wants to join the organization again.

I had mixed feelings about the whole event.

I believe in Christ and the values that go with my faith.

However, I felt abstract and away from proceedings emotionally. I never gained a real connection and felt the whole occasion was rather flat. Maybe it was just me.

The ex-brother I sat with felt moved and I could see that he wanted to have the approval and recognition that he had made the effort to attend. Unfortunately I think he felt let down on this occasion as the elders seemed to be ignoring him.

... and yes there was focus upon the attendance figure which was up from last year to 225.

I will also report that Jesus was mentioned quite a lot throughout and the talk was kept rather simple. New ones were asked to approach the attendants with any questions about the ransom sacrifice.

There was the impression given (in an undertone) that it was only Jehovah's Witnesses who had the correct understanding of Christ's sacrifice and it's true meaning. Which I found a little patronizing, although understandable from their own point of view.

It was ok .... quite similar to what I recall 12 years ago when I last attended as a fully fledged JW.

• LukeN
    LukeN

''none of the worlds leaders or presidents do know of gods kingdom or how great is it to put spiritual matters first''

• Joker10
    Joker10

My parents congregation has some 90 publishers and had 267 in attendance last night. (SE L.A.)

• blondie
    blondie

That's 177 people you won't see till next year.

Blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit