Fathers day

by Emiliano 7 Replies latest jw friends

• Emiliano
    Emiliano

I would like to wish my father Felix a very first happy fathers day.
    I have never given him a fathers day wish, card, hug or gift in my 44 yrs of life. And this year I will make a change and give him my expression of love in the way I have been forbidden in all these yrs. I will let him know that I always love him even on fathers day.

And Happy Fathers day to all the fathers out there JWs or not. May you find love in your families.

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

How can I be a happy father to thousands of kittens? MEOW!!!

• mommy
    mommy

Greetings Emiliano

Your post brought up some tremendous feelings for me. My father is lost to me, literally. He left the org several years ago, and also divorced my mother. He has hidden himself and I cannot find him. At the time of his escape I was talking with him, we conversed alot, and I can say I have never heard my Dad's voice any happier. It was if he lost 20 years of his life, and his heart was light.

We talked of the org teachings and he told me that he never beleived it, he only did it for my mom. How sad to spend so many years in such an institution and not be happy. I know he had found happiness when he left. And I am so sad, that I cannot share this with him now.

Unfortunatly during this time of his moving, I also moved, and lost contact with him. My heart breaks at times, when I see things I would like to share with him, and I am unable to.

My son is very much like him, he is witty, loving, funny, sarcastic and a very caring person. I see my dad in Timothy alot. But then I realize some of the things I do, and I know I carry a part of him as well. This is the only comfort I have at times, that I do have a father, and what a great person he is.

I wish I could find him, I have done many things to do so, but all have failed. I must make it ok in my heart that I will not meet him because if I do not, this will be just a hole in my heart that will remain unfilled. So I try everyday to accept that I will never see him again. But the kid in me, who loves suprises dreams that one day I will see him before he passes away.

So this post is to my dad, I love you so much and I am the person I am today partly due to you. I do know he lives in Washington, or Oregon, so all of you online buddies, keep your eyes out for a handsome 50 something man with a healthy appetite for laughter. I thougth of posting his name here, but I will not. If anyone wants it, you may email me.

thanks for letting me speak, I feel better now.

Happy Father's Day to all of you dad's out there! Don't ever lose contact with your children, they need you so.
    wendy

• outnfree
    outnfree

(((((((((wendy AND emiliano!)))))))))

My dad has been dead a long, long, time now, but I did rejoice at being able to celebrate Mother's Day unfettered by any guilt or disdain for the first time in over a decade.

My husband is away this weekend, missing his own Father's Day so that he can be with his own 82 year old dad on this special day. His dad has been in a nursing home since last October and will likely never go home. He is mentally alert, but physically incapacitated by a stroke. At least he can still speak, laugh and love. We are grateful for him!

And I am grateful for my wonderful husband! Father to my kids plus one! What a big heart he has!

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY to all you Dads, Step-Dads, and Filling-the-role-of-Dads here in cyberspace!

outnfree

• joelbear
    joelbear

my dad neglected me

thats why im a homo

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

Joelbear,

Change your life style.

• jezebel influence
    jezebel influence

Fredhall,

Get a lifestyle!

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

oh Mommy!!!

((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))

Slipnslidemaster: "The truth is more important than the facts."
    - Frank Lloyd Wright

hmmmmm...where have I heard that before?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit