Was/Is there a particular elder that was/is always after you?

by JH 6 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

Although there are many elders in each congregation, was there a particular one that always seemed to be after you, criticizing that you missed meetings, or always knocking at your door to bring you back to the hall?

In my case, it always seems to be the same elder that comes over every year to try to bring me back. Why don't the others take over once in a while? He isn't the head elder, so why is he always the one pesting me?

How about you, any particular elder that always seems to be there to irritate you?

• AuSet
    AuSet

Yep. Took him two years to reinstate me because he was on my JC. He thought I was too much of an independent woman, LOL. He used to have talks w/my parents about this. My parents specifically asked that he not be on my JC, so of course he insisted the opposite. The other two elders were total pushovers. Sometimes I get the feeling I was "set up." Maybe I'm just paranoid.

• blondie
    blondie

Some tried but they found it more painful than I did.

Blondie

• Surreptitious
    Surreptitious

Yeah, but I fixed the SOB by becoming an elder myself and going after him.

• Krazylady
    Krazylady

Oh, sure was!! First they came after me, and when that didn't work, they hounded everyone who spoke to me. That was back in my angry days, and it was a big mistake on their part, because I went after THEM, one by one. Long story. They soon figured out that I had all their numbers. I just don't bother with them anymore, and they leave me alone too. Felt pretty good to show them their own flaws and imperfections. Bunch of hypocrites!

Krazylady

• fraidycat9
    fraidycat9

Yes, there is. Coming to see me this week with C.O. as reinforcement. I'm ready for both of they a***.s (Yes,I recognize this as poor English ). Had lots of time to think of a reply. Bring 'em on!!!! Will let you know how it turned out!

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Ummmm Yea my ex-husband - but I divorced him so he had to stop being an elder for a few years

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit