ATTN: Portland, Oregonians

by ihatescreennames 1 Replies latest jw experiences

• ihatescreennames
    ihatescreennames

Hi.

I am a book scout. I was at an auction in Woodburn, Oregon today and bid on three boxes of books, and one tape dispenser.

There was one individual who sold most of his stuff at the auction. He was a Jehovahs Witness who moved to/is moving in the very near future to China. His wife is Chinese. I have a bin of books from his son, ****. He was at one time an alcoholic (I found six AA books.) Apparently most of his children were not JW because there were some Christmas ornaments in the children's items, as well as Easter. They were also not included in his will. His wife was named sole custodian and in the event that both husband and wife would die, a non-family member was named heir. I found a diary from ****'s old girlfriend which was, as diaries go, quite the norm, but very intriguing. I would like to learn more about these people: are they still alive? Are they happy? What's their favorite color? Do they enjoy Oregon rain and how is life treating them?

I feel as though I halfway know them.

The man, ******* *******, had very nice clothes. Alot of corduroy. A Churchill wool hat. I quite liked it. There were several first editions by Russell worth a significant amount (some at least 1000, given the right buyers and a patient seller), which I didn't bother with. A friend snapped them up with my blessings. They also had a DVD burner and CD burner which went for 130, installed.

I have their full names, the father's will, and the (new?) wife's full name as well. I didn't dwell on many specifics in this post because I'm a bit afraid that some of the children might frequent this site, and my big mouth would make this an unsafe place to come to.

If you are here, please come forward. I'm a sucker for genealogy, and just stories. I love to put pieces together. If you know of these people, or think you may know, please tell me a little bit about them!

If you are here and don't like how much I may or may not know, I won't try and find you further then this post.

Thank you.

Michelle.

• avishai
    avishai

That's also where the assembly hall is, maybe......?. Nah, never mind. I am from OR, however, if you pm me, i can keep your info confidential, and maybe help you find relatives.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit