Finally!!!! I get a response from local news....

by sf 1 Replies latest jw friends

• sf
    sf

It is not whom I was/ am patiently awaiting to hear from after an 18 month email letter campaign of articles, documents and news items re: jw sexual abuse issues (Moscow news included recently), yet it is a start:

Thank you for the very first reply to an email I have EVER received as a result of emailing the (local newspaper name). I have already sent a letter to the editor on this matter as well as countless other letters over the past 18 months. I sent letters to (President, Chief Editor) many times and he has never replied ONCE, to any of them. Perhaps you all can get together and compare notes soon, as I've sent out six letters today to most of the (local newspaper) staff. These two items were ASSOCIATED PRESS news all weekend and the (local newspaper) STILL has not printed any of it. What YOU did print was lots of advertisements and on page one is an article about pumas, as if we need to be informed about such and on page two is an article about "sad shoppers are eager to spend". How are these two news items more important than alerting and informing our community about sexual abuse in a church that our community has many, many members; as is evident by how many times a month they are OUT IN THE COMMUNITY knocking on our doors? OUR COMMUNITY MUST SEE THIS NEWS IN PRINT WHEN IT HITS ALL OTHER MAJOR NEWS SOURCES so that we too, can be well informed and know that our ONLY NEWS SOURCE available, that covers three counties...is doing just that....keeping us informed. I hope I am making myself clear here sir. I don't think I should have to keep writing these emails and calling the (name of local paper) to get you all to print nationwide news that will keep our community informed of this epidemic of child molesters walking OUR STREETS. Thank you again for your reply, and only reply thusfar since I started this campaign over 18 months ago.

Sincerely, ---------

sKally, DO MORE! klass

• Maverick
    Maverick

Having worked at two Dailies, one is Florida and one in LA, for a total of ten years, I can tell you that there are a lot of factors to consider. Claims or charges of this magnitude have to get past legal, have to come from a recognized source and can not offend advertisers. Remember Newspapers sell ads, and news is the shit you put around the ads! Also consider that there may be J-duds working at this paper. The Editor may walk on over to Joe Dudmo's desk and ask him about this and Joe kindly explains the apostate problem, now the Editor sees a questionable source and round-cans the letter. Newspapers are not like you see on TV where some rouge reporter goes against his Editor and write a story anyway. He'd be fired that day and one of the 500 or so recent Journalist Graduates would fill his spot tomorrow and for less money! Maverick

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit