Spiritually Mature JWs Only

by Lindy 7 Replies latest jw friends

• Lindy
    Lindy

I recieved this in my e-mail this morning. I love the last paragraph! It seems that these ones feel most JWs aren't worth talking to as far as spiritual maturity is concerned. But seeing that they are studying the "deeper" things and still haven't figured out the truth about the "Truth", they need to take a long look in the mirror themselves! [8>] LOL

Auntie Lindy

----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Dear fellow JW:

Unless you have been on another planet during the past 4 months, you no doubt have already heard about our new website called "PIONEERS OF JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES". This email is just to let you know about our new homepage URL:

http://www.homestead.com/JWPioneers/jehovahswitnessesearlyhistory.html

Our Website and Library DO NOT contain material regarding the CURRENT BELIEFS of Jehovah's Witnesses, or the CURRENT ACTIVITIES of the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society, or the associated legal entities, since the dissemination of such material is the sole prerogative of the Faithful and Discreet Slave.

Our Library only acts as a repository for HISTORICAL MATERIALS/INFORMATION
    dating back to the 19th century (1800s). Our intended audience are spiritually mature JWs, who want to access historical information regarding the early days of the organization. Because of the above, it is our conscientious belief that our website does not violate the Society's intent to be the only source of information regarding CURRENT beliefs and activities.

Our intent is to make readily available those historical materials which are not otherwise readily available.

For example, on pages 42 and 120 of the PROCLAIMERS book, there are footnote references to the July 15, 1906 WATCH TOWER. If you would like to read that referenced "history" article, and even an earlier "history" article in the VERY
    FIRST issue of ZION'S WATCH TOWER, then click here:

http://www.aimoo.com/forum/postview.cfm?id=311666&CategoryID=3732&ThreadID=6953

(Tab down the slow-loading page.)

-----------------------------------------
    On page 47 of the PROCLAIMERS book, Charles Taze Russell's first pamphlet/book, THE OBJECT AND MANNER OF OUR LORD'S RETURN, is briefly mentioned. If you would like to read that book, then click here:

http://www.aimoo.com/forum/postview.cfm?id=311666&CategoryID=3732&ThreadID=8183

Also, on page 47 of the PROCLAIMERS book, C. T. Russell's FAMOUS "The Atonement" article, published in the September 1878 issue of THE HERALD OF THE MORNING, is briefly mentioned. If you would like to read that article, click here:

http://www.aimoo.com/forum/postview.cfm?id=311666&CategoryID=6060&ThreadID=16461

On pages 134-5 of the PROCLAIMERS book, Charles Taze Russell's VERY FIRST PUBLISHED MAGAZINE ARTICLE is briefly mentioned. That article was published by George Storrs in the October 1876 issue of his THE BIBLE EXAMINER magazine. If you would like to read that article, then click here:

http://www.aimoo.com/forum/postview.cfm?id=311666&CategoryID=6060&ThreadID=14938

We could go on and on, since our Library contains an estimated 60/70 hours of reading-time material. This includes nearly 100 early WATCH TOWER articles authored and "signed" by all the "Original Regular Contributors", as well as the "Original Corporate Directors and Officers". The Writers' biographical material
    is included as available.

Our Library also contains much information relating to other early "pioneers", such as Henry Grew, George Storrs, George Stetson, Jonas Wendell, and many others who WatchTower publications refer to as "influencers" of Charles Taze Russell.

If you are a spiritually mature Jehovah's Witness, we cordially invite you to our new Homepage. (Link shown above.) If you have no interest, and/or do not possess the necessary spiritual maturity needed to study the "deeper things", we fully understand that is the case with the majority of our brothers and sisters.
    Either way, we offer our christian love.

Agape!!!

• outnfree
    outnfree

Lindy,

My personal take on this is that it is an apostate site masquerading as innocent, helpful, and 'spiritually mature' JWs, who are hoping to get loyal JWs to read, read, read about their origins so that they CAN recognize the CURRENT truths as totally opposite to/different from the original teachings of the 'movement.'

Calling themselves "PIONEERS OF JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES" (even if they are speaking about the early influences on the Society) lends an air of authority and validation to their site ('pioneers' BEING spiritually mature ones -- supposedly ) and saying that only "Spiritually Mature" ones need read this material gives it a cachet which will appeal to JW's who like to THINK of themselves as "spiritually mature" even if they are not.

Just my gut reaction. ESPECIALLY after reading the Disclaimer that appears on the Library page link:

The material accumulated in this website is intended solely to supplement historical summaries provided by the Faithful and Discreet Slave. Our intended audience is that small minority of Jehovah's Witnesses who are interested in studying our 19th century "roots", and who have attained that level of spiritual maturity necessary to study the "deeper things". Less mature ones should proceed no further, but rather should restrict themselves to material found in the Proclaimers Book and other Watchtower publications.

Who among us likes to think of him/herself as "less mature?" LOL

outnfree

• JWD
    JWD

I agree with `outnfree` that it is probably an attempt to lure
    curious JWs to study their own roots. But, I don`t see what is so
    unique about all those old publications. I have most of them in
    my personal library.

JWD

• Englishman
    Englishman
    FARKEL WARNING!!!

Auntie Lindy,

You did not advise us to avoid the optional music feature on this site. Anyone who knows of the "Rolf Harris guide to playing the stylophone" site will know what to expect.

Englishman.

..... fanaticism masquerading beneath a cloak of reasoned logic.

• MacHislopp
    MacHislopp

Hello Lindy,

thanks for passing the information.
    Just a brief comment:

**most of us have already access
    to the many "online" works of C.T.Russell, plus the
    many "online"copies of various earlier publications
    and this not few pages but ALL!

**Then according to the statement when one needs to
    go deeper, to search for more has all the tools
    avalaible.

***Not to forget that , vast numbers of publications
    of earlier times i.e. Bible Students, J.F.Rutherford
    are no longer considered " the present truth ".

Agape J.C.MacHislopp

• Lindy
    Lindy

Hi outnfree,
    I didn't really go into the site and read a lot. I just took a quick peak. I did have the same thought you did about it being a site to get the JWs to take a look. But like you, I didn't think it would do much good. I will take another look later. I just thought that it was funny, and kinda insulting and then signed with "christian love." The begining was a bit full of self too begining with: "Unless you have been on another planet during the past 4 months, you no doubt have already heard about our new website"
    LOL!

As Always,
    Auntie Lindy

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

I wonder which clever little apostate posted this site.

I think that all the apostate sites should be cleverly camoflaged like that. You get more flys with honey then vinegar!

Slipnslidemaster: "You can pretend to be serious; you can't pretend to be witty."
    - Sacha Guitry

• Kent
    Kent

If you have no interest, and/or do not possess the necessary spiritual maturity needed to study the "deeper things", we fully understand that is the case with the majority of our brothers and sisters.

ROTFL! This is a joke, right?

Yakki Da

Kent

"The only difference between God and Adolf Hitler is that God is more proficient at genocide."

Daily News On The Watchtower and the Jehovah's Witnesses:
    http://watchtower.observer.org

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit