Confusing

by five_crew 3 Replies latest jw experiences

• five_crew
    five_crew

Do any of you ever have this problem. People find out that you used to have an affiliation with the JW organization and they think that you should be able to answer all of their questions. Both biblical and what they feel the organization is doing wrong. I find people question me relentlessly about their beliefs and what I believe now. Sometimes to the exclustion to everyone else that is in the conversation. I feel quite vulnerable at times like these, like they are trying to get into my brain. Sometimes I feel like I gave somebody a piece of myself and wonder how to get it back. Like people are looking for a reason to put you in the wrong, or to argue about beliefs, even if you don't believe the same. Then, and this is the kicker, they try to tell me what I SHOULD be believing, like I don't have a brain of my own. Or like my view of God and faith is so skewed by the JW beliefs that I couldn't have my own opinion.

• New Castles
    New Castles

It may be a little different but I've encountered people who just dont understand the policies and rules of the jw org. They are blown away when I tell them how strict things are and also about the dfing policy. Thats what Ive encountered at work to those few who I have told.

• shotgun
    shotgun

Be honest with people who corner you about past or present beliefs...

Tell them that it's a part of your life which is filled with bad memories and you would rather not talk about it....

If they are relentless go get a bible and whack them in the head......it's kinda like sharing a scripture with them.

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

That's why I never discuss religion or politics..........so many opinions, too few answers.

Kate

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit