Blood transfusion: "a matter of conscience...

by chasson 2 Replies latest jw friends

• chasson
    chasson

Few month ago, i have tried the Web Page of http://www.watchtower.org where you can ask for a visit of a JW.

Two weeks after, I received a JW at my home. I wanted to see how a faithfull witness deal with the Bulgarian's case and other topics.

For the blood transfusion he answered me:

"Decline or accept a blood transfusion is a matter of conscience."

I was very surprised of his answer, I stupidly believed that this kind of language was used only by the hierarchy of the movement.

I tried several time to help him to tell the truth.

"But your church has for a long time banned the blood transfusion ?"

Instead of saying "Yes" or "No", he started laughing and repeated
    again that it was a matter of conscience. This stupid conversation
    continued during 5 minutes.

He was very cool and had no problem to use this "new theocratic
    war strategy". He explained me, that I was misleaded by what I had heared in the media, and laughed a lot of time. I think that if I was not an ex-JW, I finally believed him.

I tried something else:

"I agree with you, the Bible show clearly that accept or decline a transfusion is a matter of conscience. In Genesis 9, we can see that blood is the symbol of life and Jesus has told us to "give our life for our brothers, so you can give your blood for your brother and as you accept that Jesus gave his life for you, you can accept that your brother give his life or his blood for you."

He immediatly stopped smiling.

We started a theologic conversation. He cited Acts 15:29 and beginned to try to show me that blood transfusion are forbidden in the Bible.

15 minutes later, he tried to give me the Blood Brochure.

At the end I asked him: "And now, is blood transfusion really a matter of conscience ? Have you not tried to lie to me ?"

He laughed another time, don't answered at my question and cited me another time Acts 15:29. I let him go, I had my answer, the Jdub are really endoctrined, they can lie with good conscience.

Bye

Charles

• outnfree
    outnfree

Incroyable!

(Degoutant?)
    outnfree

• Englishman
    Englishman

Charles,

Nice post. I once spent a fantastic holiday in a village near Burie, I think it was called "Lamberiere" or something like that. Sunflowers everwhere, hoopoes and kingfishers too. Wonderful.

Englishman.

..... fanaticism masquerading beneath a cloak of reasoned logic.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit