Double Speak

by CountryGuy 7 Replies latest jw friends

• CountryGuy
    CountryGuy

Towards the end of my time in the JWs, I FIANLLY realized that brothers will say one thing, but actually mean another. After leaving the organization, the more I learned-the more I found out that there was more of this going on than I realized.

What double speaks have you discovered? Here are a few of my favorites:

They say: Jehovah's people have real love amongst theirselves.
    They mean: Jehovah's people have real love amongst theirselves as long as you are an elder, MS, pioneer, or the family member of one of these people, or someone who gets 10+ hrs in service. And you can't ask too many questions or have any doubts.... at all.... about anything.... what-so-ever. Otherwise, we'll "mark" you as bad association.

They say: The end is near.
    They mean: We have no clue when the end will happen.

They say: The UN is the Scarlet Colored beast of Revelations.
    They mean: The UN has a kicka$$ library and we got a card from them, so they aren't that bad. Anyways, we gave it back when you all found out about it.

They said to the brothers in Malawi: Do not buy that Party Card. To do so is to show disloyatly to Jehovah.
    They said to the brothers in Mexico: Sure, you can bribe that goverment offical to give you a card that shows you completed your military service. To do otherwise would show the Mexican government that we lied to them. We really are a religion and not a cultural organization.

They say: We hate apostates because they don't love Jehovah.
    They mean: We hate apostates because they tell you all the truth about the "troof." And damn it, they're getting bolder. They're even making t-shirts and coffee mugs!

• flower
    flower

lol very good .

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow

I agree with flower, CountryGuy -=- very funny!

• Mary
    Mary

LOL! Good one CountryGuy! Here's a few more examples of their double-talk:

They say: Christians are encouraged to speak to the elders if they don't understand a doctrine

They mean: If you're really confused, that's fine. But if you challenge a doctrine and we have no logical answer, we'll kick your ass out of the Organization.

They say: Christian wives should be treated with the utmost respect by their husbands

They mean: We really don't give a damn how they're treated as their husbands are their masters and the wives need to obey them.

They say: Having a blood transfusion is a "conscience matter."

They mean: That's just to keep the law off our asses. If you DO have a transfusion, you'll wish you'd never been born.

They say: We do everything we can to protect our children from pedophiles.

They mean: We'd like to kill Bill Bowen and Barb Anderson and most of all Dateline.

They say: Don't give up your faith when The End is so close.

They mean: PLEASE! FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DON'T LEAVE!! OUR MEMEBERSHIP IS DROPPING FASTER THAN GEORGE BUSH'S POPULARITY AND WE CAN'T HANDLE MUCH MORE!!

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

They say: we can think for ourselves, we just do not rely on independent thinking.

What they really mean: We're baffling you with our bullshit so you're confused on how to think independently.

The WT has more sides to it than a book of John Kerry quotes and a rubik's cube combined.

(Hey, as long as we're getting political here, I think I should represent the other side ;) )

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    They said to the brothers in Malawi: Do not buy that Party Card. To do so is to show disloyatly to Jehovah.
    They said to the brothers in Mexico: Sure, you can bribe that goverment offical to give you a card that shows you completed your military service. To do otherwise would show the Mexican government that we lied to them. We really are a religion and not a cultural organization.

You know, this was one of the most earth shattering bomb shells included in the book Crisis Of Conscience. But hey, I didn't think about the motivations behind the allowing of the brothers to carry the military service card in Mexico.

Of course, the WTBTS was only allowed to own land there if they were not a religious organization. So if the brothers made a stand and said, " Heck no, we ain't a gonna carry military service cards, cuz we is christians and we don't bear arms against no one no how." Then those Mexican officials would know the WTBTS was a religious org. and they would take all the precious land back from them.

Here is another thought on the matter: We all know the Mexican government officials are not simpletons. They knew all along that the WTBTS was a religious org. They had to have known. So was the WTBTS also paying some bribe money to some higher ups? Who was making money off this deception? Someone was propheting off this arrangement.

Back to the topic:

It's a loving thing to shun a JW who had committed gross sin. We can win him back and he might get life.

We'll df people for all sorts of reasons but the biggest reason is because we don't anyone waltzing around the KH spreading the truth about the "truth". We can't have that!

Flyin'

• Celtic
    Celtic

Hmmmmm aye. Funny, I always got the feeling when I was reading the WT especially that near every paragraph had and/or has double speak in it, like it appears to be telling the truth but equally could be seen to be supporting completely the other side. Like I've pointed out before, if I were the devil, where would I put it, that lie? Would I put it all the way over there where it stuck out like sore thumb or would I align it as near truth as possible, right underneath their own noses, the last place they'd look. Remember this, why did we have to learn all the crafty ways of satan so that in advance we might know the ploys he might be testing us with? Jesus certainly wouldn't a tolerated that, I think his point was, theres only One way you need to take in as mind food. I will add, what a nice chap.

But aye, double speak. Their illustrations too double speak, but thats for another time.

Celt

(Did I just make sense?)

• Corvin
    Corvin
    They say: We hate apostates because they don't love Jehovah.
    They mean: We hate apostates because they tell you all the truth about the "troof." And damn it, they're getting bolder. They're even making t-shirts and coffee mugs!

Ha ha, thanks for the plug.

http://www.cafeshops.com/xjwhunyadi

Corvin

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit