Salvation

by Harold Mourning 3 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Harold Mourning
    Harold Mourning
    Now that the JW belief system excludes non-anointed from the New Covenant.  There seems to be a giant hole in the issue of salvation for the majority of members. Can anyone explain this?  Maybe I've not been paying attention close enough, but how does the average witness explain where they sit with their own salvation? 
  • Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Matt 26 and Hebrews 9  seems to indicate that with out christs blood one is not in the covenant and has no forgiveness of sins. I believe the leaders are basically saying a jw has to be loyal to them christs brothers and somehow with out the covenant or jesus blood they can still get into the kingdom. 

What thier really hoping is no one in the borg will figure out their deseption, but i did and so have many before me.

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway
    This practice of theirs of having double standards for salvation is absolutely disgusting. After reading the greek scriptures with an open mind I could not see how everyone who benefits from the sacrifice of Jesus would not partake. At my last memorial, I passed the emblems like everyone else and felt like a total piece of crap afterwards. I promised I would never reject the sacrifice of Jesus again, and have never gone to another memorial, but partake monthly at my new church. I will never, ever take it for granted. 
  • Harold Mourning
    Harold Mourning

So no real answer than "obey us and we'll get you in?"even though there is no scriptural reason to believe that the new covenant doesn't extend to all who seek it   That there is no scriptural reason to believe that our dependency on another human or group would be our only source of salvation??   It keeps getting stranger  how do people not read how these things apply to them personally   If our complete salvation depends on a relationship with a group of men are we not in our belief making them our savior? 

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit