E-WATCHMAN LETTER - WHY NOT SELL IT AS AN ELECTRONIC SUBMISSION ON EBAY?

by Gary1914 5 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Gary1914
    Gary1914

Hello Everyone. I don't get to post much here but I read this board whenever I can.

Anyway, in reference to the fabulous E-Watchman letter rearding the Watchtower's association with the UN as an NGO, why not offer the information electronically on Ebay. No stamps, no mailings and it could be held as a Private Auction so that identities could be protected. It could be listed as a multiple item auction thus saving money on listing costs and the cost for the information could be minimal, say 10 or 20 cents.

Ebay has a worldwide audience in excess of 50 million people and there are many elders and pioneers who sell merchandise there in an effort to supplement their income. Also, many witnesses come there to shop and the word "WATCHTOWER" in the heading always draws them. The many witnesses who are wondering what the UN whispers are all about could then have the information emailed to them at no risk to their congregation status. I would list it under books in the same category that the Watchtower books that are bought and sold.

Just a thought.

Wishing you all a Happy Easter.

• bebu
    bebu

How about an auction where all the information is posted in the body of the subject--so that it would be unnecessary for anyone to buy it, after all. They'd just read the page with all the info. They could copy and paste for their own reference, if they liked.

You could 'sell' it cheap... 99 cents. And it could be a dutch auction, to boot. But I think the glitch would be, would it be a legal problem to "sell" what you copied off the net?

That's my 2 lonely cents.

bebu

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

That is one BRILLIANT idea! Even if most of the dubs ignore buying it, I think it would get a lot of word-of-mouth attention.

• Gary1914
    Gary1914

I think it would be a good idea to use Watchman's letter in the body of the auction and then offer the related sources fo a small price. We have to charge something because of Ebay's rules.

I do not think it is against any law to offer something for a price that a person could find on the net for free. Besides, a witness would not go on the internet to search for this information. But he may stop to read an Ebay auction.

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride

This is a GREAT idea!!!

Devon

• joe_from_kokomo
    joe_from_kokomo

This is a great idea in theory, but not in practice. Anything E-Watchman writes on paper or on his Web site, or even in an email, is covered by US Copyright Law. The minute you try to sell someone else's writings without their permission for $$, you are inviting a lawsuit. Sorry to rain on the parade, but this is true, friends.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit